It really doesn’t matter how big or small our outdoor spaces are, they’ve likely been a lifeline these days, am I right? And now that the weather is really heatin’ up these streets, you might have thought that it’s A. Time to replace that old busted and rusted lounge chair or B. Your space has been too empty for too long and this is THE year you are going to make it the oasis of your dreams. Either way, if you are in the market for some new outdoor furniture I have spend hours looking up and down the internet to find the best (and most attractive) pieces on the market this year.
Last year, our contributor Lauren reminded anyone thinking about outfitting their outdoor space to really consider how they want to use it. Do you want a complete lounge area where only sunbathing (with ample sunscreen) and frozen margaritas are allowed? Do you want to add a dining space for alfresco dinners in those warm summer evenings? Do you want a lovely little reading nook so you can escape in more ways than one? Or a little bit of everything? There is no wrong answer because it’s yours!
Now before we get into this massive list check out these posts that are full of tips on how to create your oasis: How To Style Out Your Outdoor Space So You’ll Actually Use It (No Matter How Big Or Small It Is) | 5 Outdoor Ideas & Hacks That’ll Instantly Add Style (& Save You Money) | Two Reveals, One Post: The Portland Outdoor Living Spaces and A Lot of Styling Tips
Sofas and Sectionals
I want to start out by saying that outdoor furniture is an investment. You can, of course, take advantage of the sales (which there are a ton right now making a lot of this furniture cheaper than what these roundups say. We just always put the original price so when sales end no one is bummed). However, unless you can find a deal online or scour Craigslist, the bigger pieces are just not cheap. BUT these are pieces that are (ideally) going to last you many many years to come and withstand all kinds of weather:) So with that top of mind let’s get into the coziest of the outdoor furniture pieces…sofas (and sectionals).
1. Lunes White Outdoor Loveseat | 2. Emily Isabella Parker Sofa | 3. Mallorca Outdoor Sofa | 4. Callais Taupe Gray Sofa | 5. Monroe Wicker Patio Loveseat | 6. Grove Teak 3 Seat Sofa | 7. Berdine Wicker Outdoor Sofa | 8. Corvos Modular Sofa | 9. Havsten Outdoor Loveseat | 10. Latigo Patio Sectional | 11. Annalese Outdoor Teak Loveseat | 12. Tropez Stripe Sofa | 13. Bangor Patio Loveseat | 14. Fernhill 3 Piece Patio Sectional | 15. Pacifica Sofa | 16. Urba Slate Sofa | 17. Denver Indoor/Outdoor Sofa | 18. Wilshire Outdoor Sofa | 19. Sora Beach Sand Sofa | 20. Standish Patio Loveseat | 21. Slatted Teak XL Sofa | 22. Lubek Sectional | 23. Outdoor Patio Loveseat| 24. Cana Outdoor 3-Piece Sectional
There are a lot of great ones but I love #3 and #24 because they are neutral but have a ton of visual texture to them. Then #8 and #17 look not only super comfortable to sit in for lots of hours but they are also a bit more “fun” in terms of color and pattern. But I will always love that traditional beauty (#14) that Emily has on her patio. Also, this is a highly reviewed outdoor furniture protectant spray by both Amazon reviewers and CB2:)
Chaise Lounges and Day Beds
Ah, the beauty of taking an afternoon nap on a lounge chair (added bonus if it’s poolside). I don’t think there is a better and yet more productive nap. You get rest AND a tan.
1. Reni | 2. Eldridge Wicker Patio Chaise Lounge | 3. Bryant Patio Chaise Lounge | 4. Springwood Hanging Daybed | 5. Teak Brown Wood Outdoor Chaise Lounge | 6. Risley Oversized Rope Patio Chaise Lounge | 7. Sun Chaise Lounge | 8. Carlee Outdoor Lounge Chair | 9. Walter Lamb Chaise | 10. ÄPPLARÖ | 11. Capistrano Outdoor Daybed | 12. Belvedere Daybed | 13. Spencer Outdoor Lounger | 14. Eoin Bamboo Patio Daybed | 15. Lodi Sun Lounge | 16. Terassi Chaise | 17. Neptune Daybed | 18. Idle II Sun Lounger | 19. Sol | 20. Sommer Adjustable Chaise | 21. Indio Metal Chaise Lounge
If you don’t have space for a sofa or you have lots of room and need to fill it up, accent chair(s) are your answer. They are a great way to bring in more seating and mixing up the matchy-matchy look of a set. Just remember if you think you are going to spend a lot of time in them make sure it’s comfortable enough (hint hint go for some cushions).
1. Laika Teak Outdoor Chair | 2. Manhattan Lounge Chair | 3. Embras Stacking Dining Chair | 4. Kloven Deck Chair | 5. Imani Patio Chair | 6. Penelope Lounge Chair | 7. Havsten Outdoor Chair | 8. Outdoor Basket Chair | 9. Set of 2 Patio Chairs with Cushions | 10. Modern Wire Chair | 11. Corvos Armless Chair Module | 12. Patio Papasan Chair & Ottoman Set | 13. Novara Lounge Chair | 14. Brommo Outdoor Chaise | 15. Hogsten Outdoor Armchair | 16. Arcadia Adirondack Chair | 17. Montauk Outdoor Nest | 18. Acapulco Outdoor Chair | 19. Polywood Adirondack Chair | 20. Set of 2 Patio Chairs | 21. Capistrano Outdoor Dining Chair
Well now that we have covered sofas and chairs, it’s now time to talk about coffee tables. A coffee table is an easy way to bring in some fun style and serious function (and likely a second dinner table).
1. Halden | 2. Elaina Solid Wood Coffee Table | 3. Teak Root Coffee Table | 4. Fisher 2pk Coffee Table Set | 5. KROKHOLMEN | 6. Monroe Wicker Patio Coffee | 7. Colorfade Indoor/Outdoor Coffee Table | 8. Industrial Coffee Table | 9. Market Coffee Table | 10. Wexler Patio Coffee Table | 11. Jelly Bean Coffe Table | 12. Jasper Teak Coffee Table | 13. Round TerraFab Outdoor Patio Coffee Table | 14. Round Black Metal Zeke Outdoor Coffee Table | 15. White Steel And Acacia Ravello Outdoor Coffee Table | 16. Terrazzo Round Coffee Table | 17. All Weather Wicker And Metal Stavros Outdoor Coffee Table | 18. Concrete Patio Coffee Table | 19. Tambor Concrete Outdoor Drum Coffee Table | 20. Britanna Patio Coffee Table | 21. Slim Outdoor Coffee Table
Now a live edge table will also be a go-to for the EHD team so #3 is a no brainer favorite. But I also really love #5, #9, #10, #13 and #21. Honestly, this section is the hardest to pick my favorites.
Side and Accent Tables
Ok, actually all accent tables (whether it’s coffee or side) provide an opportunity to have some style fun. You can usually find them at a good price and since they are smaller in size they aren’t going to be as “loud” and take over the style of the space. Get crazy people:)
1. Faux Wood Patio Side Table | 2. Sunmor Patio Accent Table | 3. Cabrillo Side Table | 4. Cap Cement Side Table | 5. Zuri Outdoor Stool | 6. Diego Olivero Mexa Outdoor Woven Side Table | 7. Faux Wood Center Cut Patio Accent Table | 8. Tracerlino Concrete Stool | 9. Gold Wire Outdoor Side Table | 10. Trieste Side Table | 11. Beveled Indoor/Outdoor Accent Table Gold | 12. Wicker Hourglass End Table | 13. Wexler Stacking Patio Side Table | 14. Gera | 15. Faux Wood Stump Indoor/Outdoor Table | 16. Geometric Faux Wood Patio Accent Table | 17. Sydney Natural Resin Wicker Patio Side Table | 18. Wedge Drop Indoor/Outdoor Accent Table | 19. Tulip Gold Wire Outdoor Side Table | 20. Solina | 21. Teak Root Plant Stand
Eating outside when it’s warm (ok, not too warm) is THE BEST. Fresh salads and spritzes are the only things I want to be ingesting in the heat…well ok I also want some quality BBQ because duh. So please if you can, take advantage of your outdoor space and create an eating area.
1. Adoxa Solid Wood Dining Table | 2. Terrace Dining Table | 3. Rainier Outdoor Bistro Table | 4. Latta | 5. Terrazzo Outdoor Dining Table | 6. Teak Garden Table | 7. Brittney Extendable Plastic Dining Table | 8. Matera Dining Table | 9. Sonali Cement Dining Table | 10. Sarno Outdoor Table | 11. Morie Farmhouse Wood Dining Table | 12. Eucalyptus Outdoor Dining Table | 13. Atra | 14. Roped Bistro Table | 15. Henning Patio Dining Table | 16. Watermark Bistro Table | 17. Bardwell Steel Dining Table | 18. Beacon Hill Slat Top Dining Table | 19. Avalon Rectangle Patio Dining Table | 20. Marino Folding Solid Wood Dining Table | 21. Antique White Avignon Outdoor Dining Table | 22. Rio Teak Outdoor Table | 23. Pedestal Outdoor Bistro Table | 24. Ballo
Dining Chairs and Benches
Can’t have a table without chairs, right? Remember you can mix and match whether that’s the chairs themselves or the type of chairs (we do it all the time). I mean you can have captain chairs, side chairs, and a bench all at one table if you want. Just think again about comfort and how much time you want to sit on them. The more comfortable, the longer those summer nights can be:)
1. French Café Wicker Stack Patio Chair | 2. Fernhill Patio Dining Chair | 3. Ronnie Dining Chair | 4. Shape Black Molded Chair | 5. Manila Dining Chair | 6. Embras Stacking Dining Chair | 7. Catawissa Stacking Patio Dining Chair | 8. Santa Monica Bench | 9. Plat Chair | 10. Oval Back Dining Chair | 11. Sundial Outdoor Side Chair | 12. Mantega Faux Wood Folding Patio Bench | 13. Lucinda Dusty Pink Stacking Chair | 14. Cooper Outdoor Bench | 15. Windsor 4pk Patio Dining Chair | 16. Natural Acacia Scandi Salema Dining Armchair Set Of 2 | 17. Patio Dining Chair | 18. Matera Dining Bench | 19. Kaufmann Wood Patio Bench | 20. Svelti | 21. Lampman Outdoor Patio Dining Chair (Set of 2) | 22. Rosamund Patio Dining Chair (Set of 2) | 23. Rallius | 24. Boomerang Dining Rattan Tub Chair
When it comes to dining chairs nothing has my heart like #5. Especially after I saw how Leanne Ford painted her’s a beautiful burgundy. But #21 is a great and much more affordable rattan option. Otherwise, I have a real soft spot for #1, #15, #16 and #21.
Nearly every EHD outdoor space has included a bar cart. Why? Because they are the unsung hero of outdoor entertaining. They are perfect for holding drinks, plates, finger food, you name it.
1. Britanna Patio Bar Cart | 2. Barbie Bar Serving Cart | 3. Boden | 4. Rolling Cooler Ice Chest Cart | 5. Skagerak Fuori Bar Cart | 6. Rattan Bar Cart | 7. Playa Outdoor Bar Cart | 8. Regatta Natural Console-Bar-Work Station | 9. Wells Outdoor Bar Cart
It’s hard to deny the beauty of #5 although it’s not at the most affordable price point. We have used #1 and can vouch for its cuteness and quality. BUT if you want some serious function then #4 and #8 are the way to go.
This may be a bit controversial for EHD because our love for mixing and matching is strong but there is no shame in buying a set. If you are someone who just wants to click add to cart once and have most of your setup all set then please do that!
But if we do go for a set it’s usually for a small space or lounge area. When decorating a small space, having some pieces match can be a good thing. This way it won’t look too chaotic. On the other hand for large spaces, too much matchy-matchy can easily look one-note and won’t give you the visual interest you are probably looking for.
1. 3 Piece Wood Patio Bistro Set | 2. 2 Piece Outdoor Bistro Set | 3. Tarno Dining Set | 4. Eldridge Patio Chat Set | 5. 4 Piece Patio Conversation Set | 6. Trella Sofa Set | 7. 4 Piece Conversation Set | 8. 3 Piece Patio Chat Set | 9. 3 Piece Patio Chat Set | 10. 4 Seater Chat Set
I actually really like them all! We did just use #9 (well the chairs at least) in our Target shoot this year and boy are they cute. I also think #2 is SUCH a good option for a small patio. Plus the table can fold up and tucked away so that the bench can act more as a sofa. What a dream!
Well if you can believe it we are done. I know this was a lot to digest but hopefully, now you are A LOT closer to creating your outdoor oasis. Oh and don’t forget about our online plant post because plants are such an important part of outdoor spaces (duh). Also if you are wondering where all of the accessories like rugs, fire pits, pillows, etc are, don’t worry! We are creating another massive post that will just be for accessories for you to spend lots of time digging through. Happy Monday and happy outdoor planning!
Love you, meant it.