I don’t know if the heat has hit where you live but I can tell you that it has hit California hard and the idea of dipping into a (not too cold because I’m a wimp) pool is what I need. But alas, I have no pool where I am but have decided that I will purchase some kind of “water thing” to help make this already not normal summer a bit more enjoyable. BUT if you are like me and are apparently “late to the kiddie pool party,” we have to act now (like today). Kiddie pools, hot tubs, even non diy slip and slides are selling out like HOT CAKES, and finding them to round up wasn’t easy. So while Sara’s incredible creative “crate pool” was sufficient, even she has moved onto greener (read: larger and more comfortable) pastures (see below). So in an effort to not waste any more time, I think we should jump right in so we can get shopping.
HOT TUBS/SOAKING TUBS
Let’s start big with the most “permanent” option, hot tubs. Now I know saying “hot tubs” feel counterintuitive to cooling off but they can serve you in both ways. You can take a refreshing soak during the day and then warm up in the cool evening if you are so compelled (you just want to time it right so it has time to heat up). Hot tubs are also NOT cheap but if you are wanting one it might just be worth it. However if you don’t care about the “hot” part in “hot tub” there are ways to DIY! Remember our #ShowEmYourDIYOutdoor post where the very talented Bri Moysa showed us hers and it only cost $650? Well, if you don’t it’s that VERY cute soaking bath in the photo above. Again it’s not a hot tub but it is a far more affordable option.
But if DIYing isn’t your thing, here are the ones I found for purchase. Some of the ones I found are “plug and plays” (which sounds almost too easy), some are inflatable and some are a traditional hot tub that require more than just a plug. However they are all above ground and require zero construction (YEA!). And let’s not forget that the great thing about a hot tub is that they are amazing year round (and day round? no, Jess that’s not a real term)…
1. 5-Person 20-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub | 2. Cedar Soaking Tub | 3. Cypress Spa 34-jet | 4. Select 300 2-Person 20-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub with LED Waterfall | 5. Coleman SaluSpa Portable 4 Person Outdoor Inflatable Hot Tub Spa | 6. Dundalk Wooden Oval Hot Tub | 7. Portable Outdoor 4-Person 114-Jet Inflatable Hot Tub | 8. 7-Person 30-Jet Premium Acrylic Bench Sterling Silver Spa Hot Tub | 9. Contour 7-Person 25-Jet Plug and Play Hot Tub
Now let’s get into the more affordable options…
As someone who would love nothing more than to cool off in waist-deep water with a cocktail in hand while her favorite tunes delighting her eardrums, a kiddie pool is THE ANSWER. Sara, as shown in that stunning above photo, would also agree. Luxury at its quarantine finest. But I guess that kids apparently really love kidde pools too. So whether you are 5, 35, or 65 years old, an inflatable pool is a great summer cool off option. But guys, I am not joking when I say these are selling out fast. These were basically the only ones I could find that could feasibly fit at least one grown adult. So if you are thinking about it, don’t think too long.
1. FUNBOY Mini Inflatable Pool | 2. Play Day 120 Deluxe Family Pool | 3. Intex Kiddie Pool | 4. Intex Swimming Pool | 5. Heart Mini Inflatable Pool | 6. FUNBOY Mini Inflatable Pool | 7. Wading Watermelon Pool | 8. Sunset Glow Inflatable Pool | 9. Fruits Mini Inflatable Pool | 10. Summer Cool Stars | 11. 3-Ring Pool Watermelon Style | 12. Inflatable Leisure Swimming Pool
Now, to avoid our lungs collapsing here are some air pumps…
Ok so now that we have the “pool” in place, let’s talk water toys…
Now while I personally may stop at with a simple kiddie pool, water toys are one of the true joys of summer. What kid (or adult) doesn’t love a slip and slide, or a unicorn sprinkler? Only ones that hate fun. But just to be clear, you don’t need to buy a water toy to have fun but they sure do help and will likely keep your children (and you) happy for hours. Here are the ones that we thought were the raddest:)
1. Ginormous Rainbow Tunnel Sprinkler | 2. Grand Slam Baseball Water Slide | 3. Max Liquidator 2pk Puts | 4. Wet & Wild Hydro Twist Pipeline Sprinkler | 5. Inflatable Tropical Pineapple Sprinkler | 6. Rainbow Slip Slide Play Center with Splash Sprinkler | 7. Water Blaster 2Pack Water Squirts | 8. Unicorn Sprinkler | 9. Sprinkler Inflatable Ball | 10. Blobzter Water Slide | 11. Inflatable Palm Tree Yard Sprinkler | 12. Wet N’ Wild Mega Melon Ball Jumbo Sprinkler | 13. Automatic Garden Water Sprinklers | 14. Squirt Gun 6 Pcs Water Blaster | 15. Splash Bombs Water Toy 4pk | 16. Inflatable Rainbow Sprinkler | 17. Slip’n Slide | 18. Tidal Storm Hydro Swirl Spinning Water Sprinkler
So, in conclusion, here are the things I hope you got from this post:
- This summer can still be SO FUN even if it’s contained mostly to your back yard.
- A DIY soaking tub is possible.
- Kiddie pools are not just for kids.
- BUY NOW so you aren’t sorry and end up in a storage tub like Sara almost did:) #SarasNewHeadshotWeAllVoted
Love you, mean it.