Throughout my many remodels, makeovers, and renovations, there are few things that are as permanent and as impactful as a good tile. Not only can a good tile make the space, but it can also set the tone or style for any room and make it something that feels special. And while it is no secret that I love the visual impact a good tile can make (see my patio, master bathroom, kitchen, and modern-deco kitchen) – selecting the right one can be overwhelming especially when you might not live somewhere where you can readily visit a large showroom or a see a selection of tiles in person, which is why we decided to pull this post together.
Although shopping online for tile may seem scary, there are so many good vendors and options out there that make it worthwhile. Not to mention you can get free or very affordable samples sent out before you make your decision to purchase. Many of the tiles and vendors below we have used in projects and the others (although we haven’t seen in person) we love them aesthetically. So to help you navigate through the many online options we pulled together a roundup of our favorite tiles from some of our favorite vendors online.
1. Bernao Handmade 8 x 8 Cement Field Tile | 2. Tucker Weave Pattern Random Sized Marble Mosaic Tile in White | 3. Bixler 4″ x 12″ Porcelain Tile | 4. Hollywood 12″ x 12″ Porcelain Field Tile | 5. Bax Hex 9″ x 10″ Porcelain Mosaic Tile | 6. Madeline Hex Honed 2″ x 2″ Marble Mosaic Tile | 7. Fischer Hex 9″ x 10″ Porcelain Field Tile | 8. Daniels 2.5″ x 8″ Ceramic Subway Tile | 9. Fortuna 12″ x 12″ Ceramic Mosaic Tile | 10. Madeline 1″ x 2″ Marble Mosaic Tile | 11. Reanna Hex 9″ x 10″ Porcelain Mosaic Tile | 12. Dearborn 8.5″ x 10″ Porcelain Field Tile | 13. Welles Honed 1″ x 2″ Marble Mosaic Tile | 14. Liam 10″ x 13″ Porcelain Mosaic Tile | 15. Bellair 8 x 8 Cement Field Tile
Amazon is quickly becoming the one-stop-shop for anything your heart desires (thank you same-day shipping), #1 and #6 are great graphic tiles to make a statement in any room.
Anne Sacks is one of Emily’s go-to tile companies. Check out the portland project for proof (pssst! it’s 100% Anne Sacks:))
1. Pambiche Standard Hexagon | 2. Arcilla Field Tile | 3. Savoy Prints Field Tile | 4. Context Field Tile | 5. Beau Monde Mosaics | 6. Savoy Classic Field Tile | 7. Domani Bianca Field Tile | 8. Square Beaded by Barbara Barry Field Tile | 9. Rectangle Beaded by Barbara Barry Field Tile
These hand-laid tiles are a work of art, #3 was so pretty in Scott’s bathroom – the honed texture and slightly irregular shapes make it feel like it has been there forever and something that is very classic.
1. Geotzzo Squares | 2. Alto Deco Black | 3. Bianco Carrara | 4. Cubo Velluto Calacatta Gold | 5. Doge Light Grey | 6. Fan Club Ice White | 7. Riverside Drive Hex White | 8. Terra Vecchio Isabella | 9. Venezia Terrazzo White
Build is an EHD staple for basically everything home renovation and no surprise to us their tile selection is affordable and great.
1. Highland Park Subway Field Tile | 2. Optik Square Tile | 3. Cream Soda Wall Tile | 4. Piccola Square Tile | 5. Marble Rectangle Tile | 6. Zoudia Square Floor Tile | 7. Rook Rectangle Tile | 8. Verifique Square Tile | 9. Renaissance Square Tile
Clearly, I am a big fan of these handmade tiles as I currently have #4 in both my kitchen and master bathroom. They are simple but make a huge impact no matter where you put them. You can’t go wrong with Cle. Their quality and beauty are unbelievable.
1. Secret Lagoon Zellige | 2. Cement Solid Mocha Rectangle | 3. Cement Solid Federal Blue Scallop | 4. Weathered White Zelige | 5. Cement Big Al Federal Blue | 6. Antique Terracotta Provincial | 7. Zio Sons Cle Natural Zellige 4 Octagon Sea Salt Bouchon | 8. Cement Diamond Twist Federal Blue + Teal Square | 9. Erica Tanov Cement Jacobsen Plaster + Black Square
Fireclay Tile – They are another one of my go-to’s for tile and we are big fans of everything fireclay does. Remember when I used #7 (the white version) in our last house guest bath? So pretty and symbolic:)
For those of you who love more of a traditional style, Floor & Decor has A LOT of options both online and in their massive showrooms.
1. Bardiglio Thassos | 2. Bianco Carrara Herringbone | 3. Black Picket | 4. Bright White Ice | 5. Carrara Fan Water | 6. Carrara Thassos Hexagon | 7. Dark Gray II Penny | 8. Esenzia Mare | 9. Metro Taupe Hexagon | 10. Stela Ivory Porcelain | 11. Sahara Carrara | 12. White and Black Hexagon II | 13. White Double Hex | 14. White Offset Picket | 15. Black Frame
As you all know by now my favorite room in our house is the patio and it’s all due to that beautiful cement tile (#2) by Granada Tile in a hawk and midnight colorway. I could spend every hour out there and the tile has really made that area a special space.
Don’t sleep on Home Depot. #3, #7, and #10 are great classic styles that would work well in any room but #2 in the blue, I see you.
1. Berkeley Blue | 2. Caprice | 3. Catalina White | 4. Cemento Lloyd | 5. Checker | 6. Almond Penny Round | 7. Rittenhouse Square Arctic White | 8. Expressions Scallop | 9. Greecian White | 10. Greecian White Hexagon | 11. Klinker Alcazar | 12. Chester Sage | 13. Marissa Carrara | 14. Metro Hex Dot | 15. Metro Hex Flower
If you’re looking for a variety of styles at an affordable price point Houzz is a good resource for you.
1. Arabescato Bianco | 2. Nador | 3. Glam Glass Apricot Glass Wall Tile | 4. Carrara | 5. Waterjet Pattern | 6. Appaloosa | 7. Tanden Avanti | 8. Comarca Jet | 9. Dove Gray | 10. Guarda Hexagon | 11. Ground Wall | 12. Ridge
While shopping for everything else you need for a renovation Lowe’s also has surprisingly great options for tile at affordable prices.
1. Venatino | 2. Honeycomb | 3. Hudson Pastel Glazed | 4. Cementina | 5. Suede Blue Glossy Ceramic Brick | 6. Natural Stone Marble Lantern | 7. Venatino Basketweave | 8. Matte Porcelain Hexagon | 9. Elida Ceramica
I am very into the simple and graphic vibe #5 is giving me as well as the wide selection Mission Stone and Tile has in stock.
1. Brick | 2. Futura | 3. Azulej | 4. Shore Thing | 5. Electra Grande Neptune | 6. Mini Herringbone | 7. Hex Appeal | 8. Midpoint | 9. Mews Chalk | 10. Tratto Lines | 11. Circuit | 12. Mod Picket Mosaic
It seems like everyone is stepping up their online tile game these days and Overstock is no exception, I mean look at #1, #2, and #7.
They have some great classic styles like #6 in the polished black or #9 that will always be in style.
1. Bardiglio Strip | 2. Basketweave Bardiglio | 3. Octagon Polished Mosaic Tile with Nero Marquina Dot | 4. Venato Hexagon | 5. Dove Gray | 6. Nero Marquina | 7. Pennyrounds Greystoke | 8. Sky Blue Glass | 9. Honed Marble Mosaic Tile
I love a good pink tile like #2. It’s so sweet but could easily be very chic. Then #3 and $6 have great graphic patterns that would be so fun in a bathroom.
Tile bar you had me at BRASS line marble, #9 you might be slightly dizzying but you could be so good in the right space.
1. Tres Thassos Gem | 2. Prism Verdone | 3. Calacatta Gold | 4. Cavallo Poseidon | 5. Coptic | 6. Terra Pompeii Marron | 7. Eden | 8. Beveled Hexagon | 9. Gatsby | 10. Helix | 11. Brando Green | 12. Montauk
Let us know if we missed any of your favorite online tile retailers and if you have any questions.