Throughout my many remodels, makeovers, and renovations, there are few things that are as permanent and as impactful as a good tile. Not only can a good tile make the space, but it can also set the tone or style for any room and make it something that feels special. And while it is no secret that I love the visual impact a good tile can make (see my patio, master bathroom, kitchen, and modern-deco kitchen) – selecting the right one can be overwhelming especially when you might not live somewhere where you can readily visit a large showroom or a see a selection of tiles in person, which is why we decided to pull this post together.
Although shopping online for tile may seem scary, there are so many good vendors and options out there that make it worthwhile. Not to mention you can get free or very affordable samples sent out before you make your decision to purchase. Many of the tiles and vendors below we have used in projects and the others (although we haven’t seen in person) we love them aesthetically. So to help you navigate through the many online options we pulled together a roundup of our favorite tiles from some of our favorite vendors online.
Amazon – Amazon is quickly becoming the one-stop-shop for anything your heart desires (thank you same-day shipping), #1 and #6 are great graphic tiles to make a statement in any room.
Artistic Tile – These hand-laid tiles are a work of art, #3 was so pretty in Scott’s bathroom – the honed texture and slightly irregular shapes make it feel like it has been there forever and something that is very classic.
1. A Train Indigo | 2. Alto Deco Black | 3. Bianco Carrara | 4. Cubo Velluto Calacatta Gold | 5. Doge Light Grey | 6. Fan Club Ice White | 7. Riverside Drive Hex White | 8. Terra Vecchio Isabella | 9. Venezia Terrazzo White
Cle Tile – Clearly, I am a big fan of these handmade tiles as I currently have #2 in both my kitchen and master bathroom. They are simple but make a huge impact no matter where you put them. I also can’t help but love #3 which is so fun and playful and is designed by Joy.
1. Zenith | 2. Zellige Subway | 3. Pinwheel | 4. Deborah Osburn Indigo | 5. Try Angle | 6. Tarnished Silver | 7. Hex Clip | 8. Zellige Weathered White | 9. Kutner | 10. Checkmate | 11. Penny | 12. Federal Blue
Fireclay Tile – They are another one of my go-to’s for tile and we are big fans of everything fireclay does, I used #8 in our last house master bath in the crater lake colorway (ah Oregon, I miss you).
1. Grove | 2. Harvest | 3. Kasbah | 4. Martinique | 5. Maze | 6. Milky Way | 7. Morning Thaw | 8. Nautical Ogee Drop | 9. Northwoods | 10. Old Cairo | 11. Prussian Blue Small Diamond | 12. Uni Mountain
Floor & Decor – For those of you who love more of a traditional style Floor & Decor has A LOT of options both online and in their massive showrooms.
1. Bardiglio Thassos | 2. Bianco Carrara Herringbone | 3. Black Picket | 4. Bright White Ice | 5. Carrara Fan Water | 6. Carrara Thassos Hexagon | 7. Dark Gray II Penny | 8. Esenzia Mare | 9. Metro Taupe Hexagon | 10. Stela Ivory Porcelain | 11. Sahara Carrara | 12. White and Black Hexagon II | 13. White Double Hex | 14. White Offset Picket | 15. Black Frame
Granada Tile – As you all know by now my favorite room in our house is the patio and it’s all due to that beautiful cement tile (#2) by Granada Tile in a hawk and midnight colorway. I could spend every hour out there and the tile has really made that area a special space.
Home Depot – #3, #7 and #10 are great classic styles that would work well in any room but #2 in the blue, I see you.
1. Berkeley Blue | 2. Caprice | 3. Catalina White | 4. Cemento Lloyd | 5. Checker | 6. Comet Penny | 7. Rittenhouse Square Arctic White | 8. Expressions Scallop | 9. Greecian White | 10. Greecian White Hexagon | 11. Kings Star Nero | 12. Klinker Alcazar | 13. Marissa Carrara | 14. Metro Hex Dot | 15. Metro Hex Flower | 16. China Black | 17. Twenties Diamond | 18. Vintage Florid Lantern
Houzz – If you’re looking for a variety of styles at an affordable price point Houzz is a good resource for you.
Lowe’s – While shopping for everything else you need for a renovation Lowe’s also has surprisingly great options for tile at affordable prices.
1. Venatino | 2. Honeycomb | 3. Linear Mosaic | 4. Chelsea White Herringbone | 5. Villa American | 6. Carrara Honeycomb | 7. Venatino Basketweave | 8. Chelsea Sea | 9. Elida Ceramica | 10. Black Architectural Surfaces | 11. Saltillo Red | 12. White Architectural Surfaces | 13. Pinwheel | 14. Travertine | 15. Cementina
Mission Stone & Tile – I am very into the simple and graphic vibe #5 is giving me as well as the wide selection Mission Stone and Tile has in stock.
1. Brick | 2. Black Kadappa | 3. Avio Tangram | 4. Circuma | 5. Electra Grande Neptune | 6. Mini Herringbone | 7. Hex Appeal | 8. Midpoint | 9. Mews Chalk | 10. Argania | 11. White Wood Plank | 12. Mod Picket | 13. Mod Picket Raised Edge | 14. Circuit | 15. Lines
Modwalls – They are definitely known for their fun, bright and playful designs.
Overstock – It seems like everyone is stepping up their online tile game these days and Overstock is no exception, I mean look at #1, #2 and #7.
Susan Jablon Mosaics – Terrazzo is everywhere these days and I am pretty into it, #8 and #9 you are very trendy my friends.
The Builder Depot – They have some great classic styles like #9 in the polished black or #7 that will always be in style.
1. Basalt Blue | 2. Bardiglio Strip | 3. Basketweave Bardiglio | 4. Bianco Chevron | 5. Polished Basketweave | 6. Octagon | 7. Venato Hexagon | 8. Dove Gray | 9. Nero Marquina | 10. Pennyrounds Greystoke | 11. Sky Blue Glass | 12. Subway
The Tile Shop – I love a good penny tile for a small scale bathroom and #7 in the black matte is pretty good.
Tile Bar – Tile bar you had me at BRASS line marble, #9 you might be slightly dizzying but you could be so good in the right space.
1. Alcazar | 2. Bella Louvre | 3. Calacatta Gold | 4. Cavallo Poseidon | 5. Coptic | 6. Dexter | 7. Eden | 8. Exagoni | 9. Gatsby | 10. Helix | 11. Moirai | 12. Montauk | 13. Nabi | 14. Plaid | 15. Trelis
Let us know if we missed any of your favorite online tile retailers and if you have any questions.