Ahhh. After both the longest and shortest year of our lives, the holiday season is upon us. Time might feel entirely like a construct at the moment, but love and generosity are anything but! As such, I’ve compiled a list of products that I love, would love to receive myself, or would love YOU to receive. What better time to pamper each other than when we’re spending more quality time at home than ever before? Let’s get to it:
1. The Citizenry Planters: These planters are a little bit on the pricier side, but, oh man. If I’ve learned ONE thing from being a part of the interiors community, it’s that you should never underestimate the power and presence of a quality plant/planter combination. These planters from The Citizenry are a classic and worthwhile investment that would make a great gift for the plant lover in your life. I…ahem..*they*…would be forever grateful.
2. West Elm Hand-Painted Doormat: I feel like buying a nice doormat is one of those things that people don’t often prioritize… like buying new socks or changing air filters. Shoulder that responsibility for a friend by getting them one as a gift! This option from West Elm is quirky, trendy, and will be sure to turn heads.
3. Lulu and Georgia Accessory Stand: I’ve been eyeing this accessory stand for a while, but…I don’t have many accessories, and have a hard time justifying it for myself. Please purchase this for a loved one and let me live vicariously through them. Lulu and Georgia products are Q U A L I T Y and this price point is definitely tempting.
4. Orkposters: My sister gifted me a couple of screen prints from Orkposters about five years ago, and they’ve been staples in my art collection ever since. I personally own the brain anatomy and heart anatomy prints, but they’re more prominently known for their city and neighborhood prints. At reasonable price points, these are great options for any number of friends or family members that appreciate artfulness, love their city, or both.
1. Wild Interiors by Hilton Carter: I’ve plugged this book on the blog before, and I’d highly recommend it as a gift. This has been the perfect coffee table book in my house, and my company is always floored by the beautiful photography and interiors. 10/10 recommend.
2. Moleskine Journal Pack: If you have someone in your life who journals or appreciates taking notes, they’ll go through these Moleskine journals in no time at all. I use mine to jot down design ideas, make to-do lists, and keep track of my personal budget, and I honestly wouldn’t be a capable adult without it. They’re small enough to take on the go, and are very stylish! This would be another good idea for a stocking stuffer or secret Santa gift.
3. The Things That Matter by Nate Berkus: This book is a must-own for any design lover in your life. It propelled me years ago to get into interior design as a serious pursuit. Objectively, the content is absolutely beautiful, but it also comes with a fair share of touching personal stories that really hone in on the spiritual and human connection that comes along with intentionally-designed spaces.
1. Bevel Shave System Starter Kit: This is a Bevel product that would be perfect for the shaver in your life. Not only are these quality products, but they’d look great in your bathroom!
2. Hims Total Hair Package: Hims is a company that specializes in men’s health, and this hair package would make a great gift for helping the maintenance of thick and healthy hair. They sell a wide variety of products to support men’s health, so a gift card would also be a great idea so that the guy in your life can pick his own products!
3. Jimmy Choo Man: Real talk. Whenever I spray on this cologne before walking out of the house, I feel unstoppable. It’s the perfect balance of dark and light. Sweet and warm. Sophisticated and playful. GET THIS COLOGNE for someone as a gift. Nobody will regret it.
4. Shea Moisture Complete Beard Kit: As a Black man (a Black man with a beard, specifically), I have sworn by Shea Moisture products for years. The items in this beard kit have been on constant rotation in my bathroom for as long as I can remember, and I would ABSOLUTELY recommend them as a gift or stocking stuffer. Shea Moisture is another black-owned business, and they also have an extremely extensive line of women’s natural hair care products that would be great as gifts as well!
5. Bevel Trimmer: This trimmer. Has been on my wishlist. Forever. I haven’t felt completely comfortable going to the barbershop during the pandemic, and these would allow me to TRY to learn the “art of the shape-up” on my own. Also, Bevel is a black-owned business, which is always a win in my book!
6. Jack Black Lip Balms: I’ve solely used Jack Black products on my lips for years with a steady rotation of uniquely-flavored lip balms. This package has some of my favorites, and it’d make a great gift for anyone that prioritizes self-care and a little taste of pampering.
1. The Tie Bar Neckties: I love to receive classic neckties as gifts. I wear a tie nearly every day, so the versatility of multiple options keeps me inspired and feeling good. Stay away from trendy patterns, though, because they won’t maintain the longevity of more timeless options. I love these charcoal, burgundy, and green options from The Tie Bar!
2. Gap Denim Jacket: I purchased this jacket last year, and it is so comfortable! It would make a perfect give for your partner if they love a rugged, lived-in, and cozy aesthetic. It matches well with anything. It can be paired with black jeans for a more sophisticated look, or with gray joggers for a casual-but-intentional vibe.
3. Northface Daypack: This is a bag that I’d love to have for myself, as it’d be the perfect backpack for any foreseeable situation. Hiking, biking, overnight stays, carting around a laptop… so many uses! This color combination is classic and would go well with a variety of styles and situations.
4. Northface Men’s Campshire Full-Zip Jacket: Full transparency: I received this jacket as a gift about ten years ago…and I still wear it nearly every day during the fall and winter months here on the east coast. It’s the most comfortable piece of clothing I’ve ever owned. It’s on the pricier side, but the recipient will get LONGEVITY out of it, hunty. Definitely worthwhile.
5. Redwing Rover Boots: As someone who has a hard time committing money to shoes, it’s saying a lot that I purchased these and haven’t regretted it for a second. If you have someone in your life that doesn’t treat themselves to new shoes often, these would be the perfect pair of boots to get for them. They wear beautifully, look awesome with many different looks, and are extremely comfortable.
6. Uniqlo Socks: Socks. The gifts that keep on giving. Honestly, you can’t really go wrong with the gift of socks. I love Uniqlo in general, but their socks take the cake in affordability and utility. I personally love the neutral colorways like light gray, dark gray, and black, but they have every color under the sun!
1. Motorized Tie Rack: Perhaps not the cutest item in my gift guide, but I have always had the hardest time keeping my neckties organized. If you own ties or live with someone who owns ties, you can probably relate. This motorized system keeps them nice and organized, and the technological aspects will surely satisfy the gadget-lover in your life.
2. Woud Clothes Rack: This is a hybrid “home-and-fashion” item, and something that I’ll absolutely be incorporating into my current bedroom makeover. If you have someone in your life that likes style and prioritizes structure and organization, this is the gift for them. Personally, I think valets are extremely utilitarian and add a touch of boutiquey sophistication to a bedroom. This specific one from Woud hits all the right marks, in my book.
3. Outdoor Research Essential Face Mask Kit: Masks will be essential parts of our lives for a while! As such, ANYONE will appreciate receiving a quality mask as a gift. I picked up this one from REI a few months ago, and it has been the most comfortable mask that I’ve worn yet. It comes in multiple colorways, and a built-in air filtration system.
4. The Tie Bar Face Masks: Speaking of masks! These options from The Tie Bar would be great for me, personally, as they allow the same versatility as neckties do. Multiple patterns and colors make them seem like real accessories and less like obligations (even though they are indeed obligations. Wear a mask!).
1. Williams Sonoma Antique Brass Bar Tools: If you know me… you know that I LOVE A BRASSY MOMENT (and you’re probably tired of hearing me say so). This bar tool set would be an awesome accompaniment to a perfectly styled bar cart, and would make a great gift for the entertainer or liquor connoisseur in your life.
2. Riedel Crystal Double Old Fashioned Glasses: I bought these exact glasses for myself a few months ago, and I’m perpetually receiving compliments about them when I have people over. They’re high-quality, feel great in your hand, and can make even the most basic drink feel elevated and upscale. The price point is VERY reasonable for the quality.
3. FROST Silicone Round Ice Cube Tray: Keeping with the theme of…alcohol…I also purchased this ice tray from Target recently, and the spherical ice makes my Riedel glasses feel THAT MUCH MORE sophisticated. At just $10, this would be a great stocking stuffer or secret Santa gift!
1. The Citizenry coasters: I love The Citizenry, if you can’t tell. I want these coasters very badly (hint hint, family and friends). This coaster set would make a great gift for a friend, sister, boyfriend, mother…you name it. We love a versatile gift! You could honestly buy this and just have it on deck just in case you forget to get a gift for someone at the last second! And if you’re on top of your gifting this year, then just keep them for yourself.
2. Jayson Home Alphabet Coasters: Um. I stumbled upon these coasters recently, and I LOVE them. You could buy a set of three with a friend’s initials. A thoughtful and stylish gift.
1. JOBY Tripod: We’re all FaceTiming friends and family more than ever before, and this tripod would be the perfect gift to send to a loved one from far away. The flexible legs allow it to easily stabilize just about anywhere, and its size makes it easily portable.
2. Nest Thermostat: Funny story… I spent almost the entire summer without air conditioning. It was truly an awful experience that I wouldn’t wish upon anybody. As SOON as my AC was fixed, I installed one of these Nest thermostats, and I don’t think I’ll ever look back! As with most of these tech-focused gift ideas, this one is a little pricey, but completely worth it for its capabilities.
3. Dewalt Pneumatic Brad Nailer: This might just be a “me” gift, but as someone who frequently works on DIY projects at home, I would absolutely LOVE to receive this baby. This is a relatively basic model and would be great for aspiring DIYers who don’t have much experience with power tools.
4. Barlow Leather iPhone Case: The older I get, the more I appreciate leather. I currently own my first leather sofa, and now I’d LOVE to have this leather phone case from Barlow. It’s a reasonable price for a gift, and would only look better with age.
1. Bose SoundLink Speaker: I received this portable speaker as a gift years ago, and it is absolutely the best! I carry it around the house, take it on trips, and constantly throw it around…and it still works as well as it did when I first used it. The bluetooth capability is CLUTCH and the sound quality is amazing for a reasonably-priced speaker.
2. Tile Mate: If you know me…you’ll know that I’m quite forgetful. This Tile device makes it easy to track your everyday objects, and I could definitely use one (or two…or three).
3. Record Player: Music sounds SO MUCH MORE AUTHENTIC on a record player. If you have a music-lover in your life, they’ll surely appreciate a record player as a gift, if they don’t already have one. As for records: I would recommend Motown, Leon Bridges, Adele, and Bruno Major for general moody vibes that lend themselves well to vinyl.
Have any of you finished your holiday shopping early this year? Have you tried any of these products? Let’s chat below!
Want more gift guides? We’ve got you covered: 82 Of Our TOP Picks From Etsy (Everything From Fashion To Furniture) | My Favorite Things Ever Gift Guide: (Home and Tech Edition) | Jess’ Gift Guide: “I Just Want Useful (But Pretty) Things This Year” | Ryann’s Gift Guide: Gifts For Promoting Joy, Easing Anxiety, and Overall Self Care | Mallory’s Gift Guide: The Actually Awesome “Trendy Gifts” For The 20 Something In Your Life
Opener Image Credit: Photo by Sara Ligorria-Tramp | From: My First “Refined Traditional” Holiday Look…Target Style