When I was traveling earlier this year, my laptop of 7 years was stolen. I think it happened at the airport but I honestly don’t know. The only “blessing” was that it wasn’t brand new and I had been toying with the idea of buying a new one anyway. My girl was slowing down. Sure I was planning to, you know, take some time to save up but the universe had other plans for me and my bank account. So to the Apple store I went and bought a BIG, big kid laptop. Why did I buy the biggest one? Well, since EHD is remote, I wanted a laptop that could handle all of my programs, files, and have a decent size screen if and when I want to work not in LA:) This 16″ babe is a thing of beauty. However, I don’t have a purse to support such a large device. So since I was on the hunt for a stylish, practical bag that can house one of my most expensive possessions, I thought maybe some of you are looking for something similar. Caitlin wants to also do an “event purse” post so if that’s more of what you need, let us know in the comments. But for now, let’s talk about those crucial everyday purses starting out with the more affordable options. Also how cute is Em in that outfit?!
1. Claudia Canova Curved Shoulder Bag: I love the shape and sporty thick strap on this bag. That strap is really nice if you tend to stuff your purse full of things, making it a little heavy. Wouldn’t work for a 16″ laptop but is good for ones under 14″. Also, you can’t beat that sale price.
2. Myron Vegan Backpack: Matt & Nat was one of the first “cool” vegan leather brands I remember hearing about years ago. They are still killing it and I love this cute backpack that doesn’t really look like a backpack from the front. You can carry it two ways, it has a top zipper, and there’s another exterior pocket on the back! Oh, and it also comes in a bunch of other colors:)
3. Cayden Triple Compartment Tote Handbag: I actually just looked at this one in store and it’s cute! Like the name says it has a few compartments to keep things organized (what a concept!) and the color is great. It also comes in brown and black.
4. The Zip-Top Transport Carryall: I’ve had the smaller non-zipper version of this for four years and I have loved it. Now that I have the larger computer it’s a little small so this one is definitely a contender. I think I would opt for a cute thicker strap like the ones you’ll see in a minute.
5. Vegan Leather Laptop Bag: I really love the modern quilted pattern and color! It also has two compartments and a top zipper.
6. Canci Faux Leather Tote: Another Matt & Nat but for a steal! It’s got a laptop sleeve, multiple pockets, and just looks super chic.
7. Carson Convertible Backpack: Here’s another backpack/purse mix! I love the rich color of the suede and how it feels a bit more casual than the others.
8. Haven Laptop Tote Bag: This is truly the ultimate laptop tote for both work and travel. There are almost too many features to talk about here so hop on over to the site to see for yourself. Best of all there’s a one-year warranty:)
9. Luxury Sustainable Laptop Brief Case: Never have I wanted a briefcase so much. But sadly it only fits up to a 14″ laptop. Regardless, this is a sexy bag.
Now if you have a bigger budget, I have some other really awesome options for you…
1. Eden Carryall: I’m pretty sure Emily has owned and loved this bag for the entire time I’ve worked at EHD (almost 6 years) so I can confidently say that it’s EHD-approved (as you can also see in the photos above). It’s cute, fits a ton (including a laptop), and also comes in brown.
2. Messenger: We are all Clare V. fans over here so naturally I had to find a laptop-friendly bag on their site. This one is just a classic! If you love it but the price tag is a little too much I would check out a secondhand site like Poshmark. I saw a few there:)
3. Essential Leather Tote: I love the boxy shape and the ability to personalize. It’s also super roomy and has a little interior zipper pocket.
4. Voyage Large Work Tote: For something more classically feminine, you can’t go wrong with Kate Spade. This elegantly curved beaut has a few interior pockets and zips up for maximum security.
5. Le Zip Sac Tote: OOO I love a perforated leather bag and in navy, it’s even prettier. This bag would easily fit my laptop, zips up at the top, and I know it’s high quality because it’s Clare V. Guess I should start saving:)
6. All Day Large Zip-top Tote: Another sleek Kate Spade bag and look at the shape of those strap ends (I don’t think that’s the official term). So not only is it pretty but it has three interior slip pockets and a padded center divider. Basically a great work bag.
To finish us off, let’s talk about one of Em’s favorite ways to personalize and style up a purse…a bag strap.
A lot of large bags are either fairly simple and could use some personality or their straps are too thin for the weight of the bag contents, making them uncomfortable to carry. Enter these thicker bag straps that will only up your bag game in style and comfort.
1. The Shoulder Bag Strap: Braided Leather Edition: This one is just pretty. Look at that braiding! It would add such a nice detail to a simple bag. Madewell has a lot of other options too.
2. Boutique Bag Strap: Affordable, simple, but graphic. Why not add a pop of pattern and color?
3. Black & Cream Checker Crossbody Strap: You know I love a checkered pattern so this one is tops for me. I also love the leather detail at the ends. This will make any bag look cooler but they have a lot more options on the site.
Did any catch your eye? Do you have any suggestions of bags you own and love? Let me know in the comments so hopefully, I can actually make a decision this year!
Love you, mean it.
Opening Image Credits: From: Styling Luxury Handbags with Trendlee