Every year around this time I become giddy about the possibility of totally revamping my backyard with new outdoor furniture. It’s not a futile pursuit by any means (a new dining table and chairs would do wonders) but I am dragging my feet. Just as my living and dining room makeover took me almost two years to complete, I am sure my backyard will l follow a similar timeline. But I can’t help but wonder, is this is the year I finally transform my backyard for real?? Only time will tell. One thing I do know for sure is that the new outdoor furniture drops from our favorite retailers have me drooling. If window shopping has me this excited, I can’t imagine what the real thing will be like. If you are also in the market, the EHD team and I rounded up our favorite 2022 outdoor furniture picks, and folks they are GOOD. Almost too good.
And as a friendly reminder, we always encourage scouring Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist for second-hand options. You can often find “lightly used” furniture in your area and if you search the product name and retailer, you could find exactly what you are looking for. Alright, let’s get to shopping.
On Sunday morning I was cursing daylight savings, but at least the days are longer which means we can enjoy our outdoor spaces more. One of the best ways to do so is to create an outdoor dining space so you can savor meals and enjoy company in the great outdoors. Not sure where to start? We have you covered with these top picks:
1. Calliope | 2. Fernhill 4-Person Rectangle Patio Dining Table | 3. Eucalyptus Segovia Dining Table | 4. Sarno Outdoor Table | 5. Salterini-Style Patio Table | 6. Johnston Dining Table | 7. 57″ Eucalyptus Dining Table | 8. Railay Dining Table | 9. Britanna 4 Person Round Patio Dining Table | 10. Meadow Dining Table | 11. Midway Round Metal Patio Bistro Table | 12. Neuhove
Our friends at Lulu and Georgia are currently having their friends and family sale (use code FAMILY25 for 25% off) so if you are looking at #10, now’s the time to snag her. I do in fact need a large 6-8 person table for our weekly Sunday dinners so I am contemplating #3 or #4. But if I was looking for a bistro table, #11 would be it. I love the sleek legs and knob detail (and that it’s only $200!). Oh, and for those who were sad about Jess’ outdoor dining table (#1), IT’S BACK (plus they now have an oval option too).
What’s a dining table without dining chairs?? Here are our favorites on the market right now:
1. 6 Piece Dining Chair Set | 2. Cypress Dining Chairs | 3. Fallon Stacking Dining Chair | 4. All-Weather Stackable Chair | 5. Briva Wicker Dining Chair | 6. French Bistro Stacking Chair | 7. Boomerang Rattan Tub Chair | 8. Anner Patio Dining Chair | 9. Vintage Wrought Iron Chairs | 10. 4 Riviera-Style Dining Chairs | 11. Morocco Stackable Dining Chair | 12. Manila Dining Chair
I love Target’s version of the French bistro chair (#6), especially at that price. I am a big fan of mixing dining chairs to create more visual interest, so I love the idea of mixing #7 with #4 or #11 with #12. And did you think I would move on without mentioning #9? Not a chance. The iron detail is very charming and the upholstery is even holding up so you wouldn’t have reupholstered.
Sofas, Sectionals, & Loveseats
If space allows, creating a full-on outdoor living space will have you soaking up the outdoors any chance you get. Here at EHD, we even like to style our outdoor spaces how we do the indoor ones, but perhaps that is a whole other post for another day:) For now, here are our sofa picks:
1. Murrel Sectional Set | 2. Neighbor Haven Outdoor Sofa | 3. Studio McGee Metal Loveseat | 4. Rosen Sofa |5. Timo Patio Loveseat | 6. Jurgen 5-Person Sectional | 7. Onya Loveseat | 8. Havsten Sofa | 9. Perth Large Sofa | 10. Cana 3-Piece Sectional | 11. Eucalyptus Segoiva Bench | 12. Cerca Striped 4-Piece Sectional
I think cabana stripes are always in style (and perfect for outdoor spaces) so of course I am very attracted to #12. However, #3 or #5 are definitely more my speed. BUT if we are talking dream outdoor furniture, I would have to go with #9. Which one is your favorite?
If you are serious about your outdoor lounging game, do not skip a lounge chair or two. They can be arranged around your outdoor sofa or around a different area (like a fire pit) to create another conversational space.
1. Salt Creek Lounge Chair | 2. Marbella Single-Seat Sofa | 3. Pavilion Metal Lounge Chair | 4. Grotta Wicker Lounge Chair | 5. Novel Lounge Chair | 6. 1960s Tiki Bamboo Lounge | 7. Seychelles Hand-Woven Chair | 8. Gray Rope Swivel Chair | 9. Aeri Chair | 10. Nunelle Indoor/Outdoor Chair | 11. Southport Patio Egg Chair | 12. Southport Patio Egg Chair
Can we talk about #7? The handwoven curved legs are so whimsical, yet it’s still neutral and not too loud. I love it. I am also very attracted to that vintage 1960s Tiki Bamboo chair for obvious reasons. We’ve also used #5 and #12 and love them both.
An EHD rule of thumb is to style and arrange your outdoor areas similar to how you would your indoor spaces. An indoor living space consists of a sofa, coffee table, and maybe an accent chair or two and the same should go for your outdoor lounge area. That said, the perfect companion for an outdoor sofa is an outdoor coffee table like any one of these:
1. Monti Lava Stone Coffee Table | 2. Grotta Outdoor Wicker Coffee Table | 3. Portside Outdoor Round Concrete Coffee Table | 4. Faux Rattan Outdoor Coffee Table | 5. Terrazzo Black Outdoor Coffee Table | 6. Shoreline Small Rattan Scatter Table | 7. Toba Table | 8. Folsom Coffee Table | 9. Haven Outdoor Coffee Table | 10. Agata Glass Cocktail Table in Gold | 11. Spoke Glass Graphite Metal Coffee Table | 12. Hampton Indoor/Outdoor All-Weather Wicker Drum Coffee Table
Jess used #4 for her communal patio makeover and I have been coveting it ever since. I love the sleek metal legs and the woven texture. #5 would be an easy low maintenance option, and #6 could be used as a coffee table or ottoman.
Chaise Lounge Chairs
If you are into sunbathing even a little, I know I won’t have to convince you to invest in a chaise lounge chair. And folks, they aren’t just for pools! You can set up a chaise lounge in any outdoor space to create the ultimate relaxation station.
1. Long Reclining Acacia Single Chaise with Cushions | 2. Chaise With Sunbrella Cushion | 3. Idle Patio Sun Lounger | 4. Palmetto All-Weather Wicker Chaise | 5. Porto Chaise Lounger | 6. Natural Wood Capari Chaise | 7. Leroy Chaise | 8. Bizerte Chaise Lounge | 9. Telluride Chaise Lounger
I think side tables are often overlooked in the outdoor furniture arena. I drink a lot of drinks (I love coffee, iced tea, sparkling water, wine, YOU NAME IT). At any time of day, I have a drink or two within 2 feet of my person so if I am to enjoy an outdoor space, a side table (or two) is a necessity. Here are some top picks:
1. Short Tiled Side Table | 2. Tulle Side Table | 3. 12″ Round Metal Table | 4. Profile Ceramic Table | 5. Seadrift Side Table | 6. Aalto Metal Accent Table | 7. Drew Stool | 8. Eyelet Tray Table | 9. Serengeti Side Table | 10. Tray Top Accent Table | 11. Labadi Natural Wood Table | 12. Round Water Hyacinth Table
And that my friends, concludes our 2022 outdoor furniture roundup. If you are in the market, I hope this post helped you find what you are looking for. If you have any other furniture roundup requests, drop them below. xx