I don’t think there has ever been a time in my life where I thought to myself, “I have enough storage.” Or perhaps more accurately, I have never thought “Everything I own has place.” Ask anyone who knows me well and they will tell you my organization skills are the opposite of Marie Kondo. I have a habit of throwing clothes onto the nearest chair/dresser/table as I am getting ready for the day (and sometimes, I do this multiple times a day to my boyfriend’s utter chagrin). Then, to “clean up,” I am the queen of throwing clothes and clutter blindly into drawers and cabinets. By the way, it has come to my attention that shoving clothes into a dresser unfolded takes up a lot more space then if said things were neatly folded into perfectly symmetrical squares. Who knew?
If it isn’t obvious already, storage for someone like me is best presented in the form of several LARGE drawers and cabinets to keep things out of sight and to keep up the appearance that I am “tidy.” (p.s. will I ever change? Someone, please send help). The problem is space doesn’t always allow for king-sized dressers and trunks to make up for my messy little habits. In any case, my ideal situation would be to cast an Undetectable Extension Spell a la Hermione Granger and never have to worry about where things go ever again. But so long as Hogwarts doesn’t exist and I have to function through life magic-free, storage furniture is where it’s at and here is why: pieces that are multi-functional are always going to help you save on space. If every piece of furniture I had also served as a place for storage, I would likely be a better, more tidy partner.
So, if you too have storage woes, or if you simply love functional, practical furniture, I sincerely hope you will come along with me on this journey as I attempt to write about storage in a fun, interesting way that won’t have you falling asleep into your coffee. I think we found some really great storage solutions that are versatile and multi-faceted (and really cool) that we hope you will love as much as we do. Let’s get into it.
What I love about platform beds equipped with drawers or storage compartments is that they make it impossible for things to get misplaced under the bed. Take #2 for example. There is no way anything is getting underneath that sucker. There is nowhere for runaway socks to hide, and no place for empty water bottles to stow away for months. Plus, like I said before, any piece of furniture that has extra drawer space is going to make you a better human being and make your partner/roommate love you more (or is that just me?). Regardless, bed frames aren’t just for looks and can be a great extra storage solution.
1. Stratton Storage Platform Bed Frame With Drawers | 2. Nexera Nordik 3-Drawer Storage Bed | 3. Chesterfield Tufted Storage Bed | 4. Astoria Storage Headboard & Platford Bed | 5. Massie Storage Platform Bed | 6. Malm Lift-Up Storage Bed | 7. Nordli Bed Frame With Storage | 8. Fortin Upholstered Storage Platform Bed | 9. Matera Bed | 10. Urbano Storage Platform Bed | 11. Step One Storage Platform Bed | 12. Brooklyn Storage Bed & Headboard | 13. Bowlin Storage Platform Bed | 14. Brandy Modern Fabric Platform Bed With Storage Drawer | 15. Hemnes Daybed with 3 Drawers
I love a good entryway bench. They can be really chic and also SO practical. If you are a renter like me, something like #1 is great because it adds height (very important) and dimension, while also serving many functions. You can hang up your purse, backpack, and hats for easy accessibility when you are running out the door. If you have pets and need a place to hide toys, leashes, and treats, something like #11 would be perfect. The possibilities are endless, my friends.
1. Easmor Hall Tree | 2. Dusk Leather and Wood Storage Bench | 3. Ronquillo Upholstered Storage Bench | 4. Dean Sand Storage Bench | 5. Boatman Wood Storage Bench | 6. Parocela Wood Storage Bench | 7. Belham Living Storage Entryway Bench | 8. As You Wish Upholstered Storage Bench | 9. Birch Plywood Storage Bench | 10. Navy Textured Decorative Storage Bench | 11. Matera Storage Bench | 12. Palm Canyon Louella Velvet Storage Bench | 13. Cleo Storage Ottoman | 14. Loring Storage Bench | 15. Belham Living Finn Mid Century Modern Bench
When it comes to coffee tables, we think you should never have to substitute style for practicality. Depending on your needs, you might want a table with open storage to display your favorite books that also has a drawer for your tv remote, coasters and games. #15 (my personal favorite) is a great option if open shelving is more your style.
But…some of us need some more space (ahem, me). Here is the thing, I love throw blankets. They are the unexpected gift you receive from a cousin on Christmas and get SUPER excited about because you realize you can never have enough blankets (like candles!). But, unless you have a plethora of linen closets, the question is where do they go when summer comes along and even the sight of a faux sherpa blanket makes you break out into a sweat? Answer: in your coffee table! See #1 for example. It is about 2 and a half feet wide and can certainly hold two throw blankets that will be ready for you when the cold months return.
1. Drum Storage Coffee Table | 2. Two Drawer Coffee Table | 3. Poplar Wood Lift Top Dixon Coffee Table | 4. Ruby Storage Coffee Table | 5. Zen’s Bamboo Lift Top Coffee Table | 6. Euro Style Aurora Coffee Table | 7. Naya Pop-Up Coffee Table | 8. Pure Storage Coffee Table | 9. Oslari Painted Coffee Table | 10. Aurelle Home Wood and Iron Industrial Coffee Table | 11. Industrial Storage Pop-Up Coffee Table | 12. Gold Hammered Coffee Table | 13. Reda Lift Top Coffee Table with Storage | 14. Charles Coffee Table | 15. Porthos Home Bowie Mid-Century Coffee Table
Ottomans & Stools
Ottomans are a great place to store throw blankets (again), books, board games, playing cards, sewing supplies, you name it. Really anything you use often but don’t necessarily want displayed all the time can easily be stored in an ottoman like #11. I would even throw slippers or an extra pillow in there for movie nights because why not be prepared for a comfy night in?
1. Frankford Tufted Storage Ottoman | 2. Loring Storage Cube | 3. Trinity Hexagonal Storage Ottoman | 4. Natural Abaca and Wood Odette Storage Ottoman | 5. Movie Salt & Pepper Storage Ottoman | 6. Jonathan Leather Storage Ottoman | 7. Square Storage Ottoman | 8. Carson Carrington Storage Ottoman | 9. Upholstered Base Storage Ottoman – Large | 10. Round Accent Storage Ottoman | 11. Alina Storage Ottoman | 12. Mid-Century Ottoman | 13. Glenmont Storage Ottoman | 14. Bozeman Tufted Storage Ottoman | 15. Porch & Den Rockwell Tufted Storage Stool
Remember, a lot of these pieces can be used in a number of ways, in whatever way fits your lifestyle. Do not be fooled by the product description. It is your life so you should definitely let your furniture be whatever it needs to be for you. For example, when I saw #12, my brain immediately went, “woah, what a cool shoe organizer!” It is technically not for shoes, but I say why the heck not? It can be if I want it to because I am an ADULT that makes very important ADULT decisions.
There are a lot of options here to completely hide your shoes but if you are like me, sometimes you want to display those babies. I like to keep the shoes I wear the most out in the open and I also tend to display my favorite pairs because who says shoes can’t also act as decor? IMO, shoes are a great way to show off your personal style both inside and outside the home. Something like #2 could act as both, by hiding your not-so-cute shoes and displaying the ones you love love love.
1. 18 Pair Shoe Storage Cabinet | 2. 16 Pair Shoe Storage Cabinet | 3. Carson Carrington 18 Pair Shoe Cabinet | 4. Gunter Wood Storage Bench | 5. Stall 8 Pair Shoe Cabinet | 6. Shoe Rack Entryway Storage With Hidden Compartment | 7. Cade Modern 18-Pair Shoe Storage Cabinet | 8. Lucy Entry Collection Shoe Bench | 9. Hemnes 9 Pair Shoe Cabinet | 10. Kace Tall Locker Storage Console | 11. 2-Door Entryway 16 Pair Shoe Storage Cabinet | 12. Industrial Storage Dresser
Okay my friends, that is all we have for you today. Are you pro storage furniture or totally against it? What are your storage secrets? Tell me everything.
Til next time <3