Trolling Craigslist… Minneapolis + St. Paul
Its been a while since I’ve been trolling random cities for vintage furniture I’ll never buy. It’s almost like it’s not a good use of my time or something. But what if … WHAT IF … there is something amazing, lingering out there, taunting me with its availability and cheap prices … I must find it and share it. I’m like some sort of renegade, random Robyn Hood furniture hunter dude. Or so my glass of wine is telling me to write.
1.$200 Vintage Detailed Dresser Ugly as is, sure. But those concentric squares are enticing and with the right color (swedish gray?) it could look sophisticated and playful at the same time. Get er.
2. $100 Brass Sofa Table Brass at its best. So simple and chic. This would sell for a few hundred at a store in LA.
3. $200 Mid Century Sectional Not a bad price for such a big piece. Upholstery on this bad boy (if needed) would be at least $1200 if not more, so don’t buy unless you are willing do spend that (not including fabric – which would need probably 15 – 20 yards). But the shape and style is VERY good if your space can handle such awesomeness.
4. $150 Retro Red Floor Lamp Not the best price, but certainly an adorable poppy lamp that adds a lot of character to a space.
5. $50 Vintage Orchard Ladders I am in the middle of searching for vintage ladders to powder coat for a project so that’s why I’m so drawn to these. In LA they are not nearly this cheap. Obviously don’t buy them if you are looking to climb trees with them, but for the perfect project they are so simple and chic.
6. $125 Mod Floor Lamp Reminds me of the one I used in the Curbly house which is coincidentally in Minneapolis. Hey, Curbly, you selling the lamp I bought you? I know where you live …
7. $125 Mid Century ‘Dude’ Chair Such a great price for a vintage leather chair that is insanely inviting. Ladies if you have the problem where your boyfriend/husband only wants comfort but you want ‘cool’, then this is the chair for you. Gobble that up.
8.$50 Pair of Pharmacy Industrial Floor Lamps Flanking a sofa? Yes, please. So cheap and so graphic.
9. $25 Marble and Brass Side Table I feel like these kinds of tables you can use all over the place – next to sofa, in the bathroom, as a nightstand, as a plant stand .. they are small and easy to move around and therefore worth $25 for sure.
10. $50 Moroccan Arm Chairs I’m on the fence about this, but in the right space and upholstered (a black and white situation) it could be cool and pretty cheap.
11. $80 Pair of Vintage Chairs playful, unique lines adorn these extremely cheap chairs. And look at those little buttons …
12. $75 Thonet Rocking Chair A classic and in great shape. BUY THIS CHAIR.
13. $225 Awesome Vintage Whicker Chair Another classic, but not cheap. But I love these chairs so much so if you have the perfect space for them grab them.
14. FREE Industrial School Desk Free and cute. But mainly free.
15. $75 Pair of Marble End Tables If these are truly marble then this is a massive steal. If they are faux then skip them. Sure they need a more 80’s Kelly Wearstler inspired interiors to not look so dated, but if that’s up your alley then go for it.
God that felt good.
Where to next?