Trolling Craigslist… Kansas City!
I went to Kansas City on my CL troll this week based on many requests and I have to say, besides a few gems, it wasn’t really full of good stuff. If my brain were working better today I’d probably come up with some sort of Wizard of Oz pun, but every time I think of one that could work I realize that its the worst thing I’ve ever written in my life. So lets just move on …
1. $250 Pair of Vintage Hanging Lamps I feel like these should be $175 for the pair, but if you have the perfect spot, these bad boys could go over night stands or flank a sofa. Make sure that you aren’t going too retro, though, and keep some other furnishings in the room more modern.
2.$125 Vintage Settee This is one of the only scores here. It’s adorable and classic and just all around awesome. And upholstering that won’t be too much – maybe like $400, and you may not even need to. That stripe is pretty darn cute.
3. $20 Mid Century Floor Lamp Floor lamps are a tricky and expensive thing to buy. I’m ALWAYS on the look out for them. This one is totally mediocre but put a new shade on that and you have a pretty decent inexpensive floor lamp.
4. $25 Vintage Sleeper Sofa Now I’ve spoken about vintage sleeper sofas before but I’ll remind y’all – you can have all the innards changed for $700 + cost of the mattress, and then recovered. So it is an investment but if you really like the lines of a piece it can be worth it. I think this guy is pretty darn cute and for $25 I’m into it.
5. $35/e Mid Century Dining Chairs Decent. Not amazing and definitely going a bit retro, but for $35 it ain’t bad.
6. $20 Vintage Rolling Chair With some help this could be pretty darn cute.
7. $20 Mid Century Chair I think I’m getting desperate. It’s Friday.
8. $70 Brass Coffee Table Offer $20 – this guy is overpriced. Not a bad table, but not special enough to be $70.
9. $200 Set of Vintage Children’s furniture Now this set is AMAZING and it’s almost worth shipping to LA. How adorable are these????? In Charlie’s little play corner? Just recover them in grown up fabrics so they look all sophisticated and smart. Dress Charlie like Don Draper. Buy a mini bar cart and a typewriter??? So cute.
It’s funny how some towns just hit and some are a total miss. It has nothing to do with how good the place is obviously, just timing. So where to next?
( … and come back at noon for some other exciting news) testtest