Trolling Craigslist… Iowa City!
I once had a random male room mate from Iowa for a summer. He acted like a 70’s car salesman at all times and then kinda stalked me after he moved out, but was actually really nice, just a bit eager. That’s my only real reference to what is probably a super lovely state. Wait, Chris Soules is from Iowa …speaking of which, tune in to Men Tell All on Monday night because you might see this pregnant lady sitting almost DIRECTLY behind Chris Harrison looking pretty SHOCKED!!! and sometimes empathetic throughout the show.
Anyway, we trolled Iowa City CL and the trolling was good. Check it out.
1. $25 Vintage Love Seat. Girlfriend is cheap. Not amazing, but for $25 bucks its not bad at all. Could be recovered for $500 (maybe). Just get rid of that skirt and put on some mid-century legs and you have yourself a pretty darn good simple loveseat in a slate blue linen.
2. $125 Mid Century Side Chair Offer $80 for this bad boy and stick him in the ‘home office’ portion of your kitchen.
3. $165 per Vintage Bertoia Chair $165 is still pretty cheap for Bertoia chairs, but I do wish that these were cheaper. But if you are in the market, snag those guys. They come with little black motorcycle jackets, too, which is just adorable.
4. $175 Vintage Brass Bar Cart Offer $125 and you got yourself a very delicate and pretty barcart for your toddler to break instantly.
5. $320 Pair of Mid Century Dressers THIS IS A STEAL. Someone buy these right now. It’s not that they are incredibly unique but to get that kind of simple storage for that price, in a height that is so easy to style with. Grab ’em.
6. $45 Pair of 60s Side Tables These need some help in the finish department, sure, but so do I today, so I can’t really judge. Still crazy cheap if you have the time/desire to give them a new fresh coat of paint (or stain). They look like they could be really flimsy so probably not worth taking to someone else to have them done.
7. $30 Mirrored Vanity This is so beautiful and something that is absolutely worth shipping if you know anyone in Iowa City that can pick this up for you. Such pretty lines.
8. $50 Mid Century Sleeper Sofa Relax. I know its kinda hideous. but those lines are also really playful if you can handle that level of style. Plus you can refurbish the insides (if it needs it) for $700 (all new mattress, springs, etc). That’s way cheaper than most sleeper sofas (although I was on CB2’s site yesterday and their sleeper sofas are VERY tempting).
9. $80 Vintage Light Fixture Eh, is this vintage? Kinda looks like a West Elm fixture from a couple years ago but maybe its the actual fixture that West Elm knocked off. Not sure. I’d say check it out because if it is vintage its a great deal for $80, but could probably use a new coat of paint.
10. $50 Mid Century Danish Coffee Table I grew up with this table so it’s a bit nostalgic for me. Just solid and classic, but nothing to buy a plane ticket to Iowa City for, certainly.
11. $50 Full Sized Bed Frame Not sure when you need a full sized bed anymore (apartment living, maybe?), but its really pretty and simple and a STEAL at $50.
12. $40 Set of Four Mid Century Dining Chairs. That’s cheap and super easy to recover. A $10 chair isn’t stick in the eye, then shove those suckers around a simple white tulip table and recover the seats in a solid gray linen and you have yourself a pretty modern little dining set.
I have A LOT of shopping to do this weekend, folks. We are shooting the whole house for Good Housekeeping Magazine next Friday – which means all those rooms that I don’t really instagram about because I don’t love them are getting FINISHED. Plus, the flea is sold out (almost) so I need to fill that sucker up from the flea market on Sunday.
It was one of those weeks that was totally insane (shooting 12 hours a day on camera), but incredibly satisfying – a lot of good hard work that makes you real proud of yourself and grateful for all the extremely talented people who help you. So today I booked a ‘squeezing a toddler’ day that really only amounts to 20 – 15 minutes max of cuddling before he wants to chase a cat, ‘throw that ball’ or read a ‘boop’. He can’t say his ‘k’s yet so he says ‘milp’ and ‘boop’ which is painfully adorable.
Have an excellent weekend. xx