I needed help and you seriously delivered. I’m book-marking this page forever. I shopped exclusively from Trader Joe’s in my 20’s (in New York) then in my 30’s in LA until we moved back to Los Feliz and I couldn’t handle the 15 minutes it took to wait for parking not to mention the line to check out. But now that I’m back in Portland, where running mom errands is a JOY, I literally didn’t know what to bring to a pre-omicron appetizer/crafting get-together a couple of weeks ago. So we put it out there on social media and y’all seriously hooked us up. What we loved so much was how consistent you were – there are CLEAR favorites and not only that but so many of you recommended a combination of two apps that we would have never done (see below). So whether you are hoping for some easy cozy snacks while playing games or serving others this year, here are some appetizer recommendations from Trader Joe’s (unsponsored obviously).
1. Spanakopita: So many of you recommended this. Everyone swears it’s a party hit and is great to have in a pinch.
2. Parmesan Pastry Pups: Sign me up for fancy pigs in a blanket any day of the week. Great for kids and adults!
3. Samosas: The samosas were another greatest hit in our DMs. You guys insist they are a super popular at parties or for a quick and easy snack.
1. Fried Stuffed Olives: I can’t wait to try these. They are breaded fried olives with cream cheese so I can imagine they would be gone very quickly at any gathering.
2. Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese: I am not at all surprised to hear these are fantastic. Jess Note: They are actual pieces of heaven on your mouth.
3. Chicken Cilantro Wontons: I know the frozen chicken potstickers are great but I haven’t tried these yet. I am excited to buy them next time I go to TJ’s.
4. Feta Cheese and Caramelized Onion Puffs: Oh these sound so delicious. A LOT of you said these are the best so I am very excited to try.
1. Buffalo Chicken Dip: This buffalo chicken dip is another clear winner. Y’all suggest pairing with bread or crackers and I imagine there are some great recipes you can use this in too.
2. Vegan Tzatziki Dip: You all said this is great paired with veggies and is a perfect vegan alternative for a dressing or dip.
3. Truffle Dip: If you have had anything truffle based you know it is RICH so I bet this dip would pair so well with celery or carrots.
1. Baked Brie: This baked brie en croûte looks delicious. It looks and tastes fancy and everyone loves bread and cheese, right?
2. Corn Salsa: I didn’t realize tomato-less salsa is such a thing but now I know. We are told that pairing the corn salsa with their blue corn tortilla chips is absolutely delicious.
3. Spinach Artichoke Dip: Almost everyone in the DMs noted that the frozen spinach and artichoke dip is killer.
1. Cooked Lentils + Crumbled Feta + Bruschetta Sauce: We were all blown away by how many of your recommended this combination. You guys suggest putting the mixture on a crostini, crackers, or just serving as a salad. I can’t wait to try.
2. Croissants with Spinach Artichoke Dip: YUM. Bread
+ creamy spinach and artichoke dip never misses.
3. Triple Cream Brie with Raisin Rosemary Crackers: So many of you swear by the triple cream brie cheese and a huge number also suggest pairing it with the raisin rosemary crackers.
1. Roll Goat Cheese in Everything But The Bagel Seasoning and Serve with Crackers: I knew Everything But The Bagel Seasoning was popular and now I am so excited to try it with goat cheese the next time we do a charcuterie board.
2. Pair Brie with Fig Butter on Crackers: Again, the triple cream brie was a very popular suggestion and the fig butter is supposed to pair with it perfectly.
3. Blueberry Goat Cheese and Pepper Jelly: This is a very interesting pairing that I am intrigued to try! A TON of you told us the pepper jelly is a staple and pairs well with so many things.
Big thanks to everyone who sent us their recs and please if you have more drop them in the comments. xx
Opening Image Credit: Design and Styled by Jess Bunge | Photo by Sara Ligorria-Tramp | From: How To Have Great Holiday Cocktail Party In A Tiny Apartment (All the Hacks You Need to Know)