Finally. After 6 months of debating, thinking, hoarding, regretting we are finally back up with the flea. I hired a lovely person to help me manage (Thank you Ariel), and we are officially back. All those beautiful things in that shot, and 50 more, are for sale. We are launching it slowly to help us keep up with inventory and to get y’all to come back every week. We have 300 pieces that we are busy inventorying, measuring, uploading, etc and we are certainly taking requests.
We have been shopping like crazy people (probably because we are crazy). I’m also moving so that doesn’t hurt the inventory. Our new house has way less shelving so over the next few months you’ll see a lot of your favorite things from my house, over here. Meanwhile these 30 (below) are hard to part with.
1. Goldtone Flatware: I bought these for almost that exact same price a couple years ago but Brian thought they were weird so they just sat there staring at me in their curvy late 70’s way. Someone please appreciate these.
2. Midcentury Ceramic Vase: I need another piece of pottery like I need a portrait of a stranger but I can’t stop buying them. We use them in styling projects and then they sit in my cabinets because I don’t have enough place to display them. Grab this guy.
3. Bucket with Handle: I bought this at an estate sale (three of them, actually) and I’m keeping one for myself. Would be beautiful with a plant or as a champagne/ice bucket.
4. Indigo Striped Pillow Cover: I had too much fabric staring at me in the face so we had them made into pillows. All unique, all handwoven from the flea market.
5. Business Man Oil Painting: Let him be the CEO of your library, bathroom or in a collection in your living room.
6. Yellow Footed Glassware: I am so attracted to these because their color is so unbelievably bright and saturated. So amazing on a barcart or in open shelving.
7. Midcentury Teak and Pottery Candlesticks: I have had these for so long and am sad to see them go what with their beautiful bases and perfect ceramic tops.
8. African Mudcloth pillow: Too much fabric, so many pillows to make = your sofa benefit.
9. Raised Eagle Dish: I’ve had this for 6 years. Not sure why now is the time to sell it. It’s not perfect – it’s chipped and old, but I love it so much.
1. Turquoise Ceramic Plate: I bought 6 of these insanely pretty plates at an estate sale (the photos don’t do them justice). Use them as jewelry dishes, candle plates or hostess gifts for someone you actually care about. Trust me, they are so pretty in person.
2. Porcelain Cat Vase: Meow.
3. Desert Landscape: Every time I see this I want to keep it. The colors are so pretty. I know I’ll regret it but I’ll also probably find more art I love in the future so I’m bequeathing it to someone who might actually hang it right now.
4. Tropical Landscape: How rare is this landscape? Such bright colors, in a unique setting.
5. Turquoise & Purple Mohair Blanket: So pretty and soft. If I didn’t live in LA I would hoard all of these.
6. Green Glass Coupes: These photos don’t do them justice. These glasses are so pretty and thin and special. They don’t make them like they used to.
7. Teal & Blue Mohair Blanket: Again with the beautiful mohair color/fabric. So pretty.
8. Abstract Studio Vessel: I had this on my shelf for a long time but I guess it was time to part from it even though I love it.
9. Pink Floral Pillow Cover: Maybe it was an old shower curtain. I don’t know. I love it so much that I had it turned into pillows.
1. Midcentury Pitcher & Stirrer: It’s so modern and sleek but warm with age and character.
2. Tiny Surfer Big Ocean Painting: Of everything here this is the one thing i’m hesitant to sell (thus the price tag). It’s so simple, graphic yet intricate and detailed. Click on the photo and you’ll see how beautifully its painted. If you are into oceans or surfing then this could be for you.
3. Cornflower Napkin Set: Frayed edged linen isn’t something you can get anywhere, anytime. I love the saturation of these napkins and the simplicity, but with that detailing.
4. Woman in Green Painting: She’s beautiful (and so large). I kept this for years thinking I was going to frame it and give it that perfect home on a wall in my house. But I didn’t for whatever reason, but you should.
5. African Indigo Pillow Cover: I buy fabrics. I now turn them in to pillows. Now you buy pillows. It’s so easy.
6. White Pottery Spanish Jug: The proportions of this piece are awesome and the handmade feel is perfect. Great for a collection or on its own with a big beautiful branch.
7. Soda-Fired Floor Vase: I kept this for years at my house and I do love it, but its too big to hoard without the perfect place. Please benefit from my lack of storage.
8. Yellow Tensor Desk Lamp: The perfect color yellow with the perfect shape and the perfect patina.
9. Midcentury Coffee Service: Be the most popular person on the blog with this tea/coffee service set.
All these things will be available soon. Not sure when, but soon.
The flea is really up for grabs – concept-wise. Weigh in on the comments below. What do you want from the flea? What pieces do you feel like you can’t find? What pieces do you want us to buy and source for you? What pieces do you not want to see? And is weekly/bi-weekly or monthly restocking the best solution? Would you want to do some sort of small paid membership for first access to the new items? How much would that be? $3? Or would a once every three months huge sale work a lot better?
I’ve been super unable to make this decision so please help! Now go get shopping! Everything in the post is up for grabs. So click through HERE.