My Favorite Hostess Gifts
Holiday Entertaining can be stressful. Whether it’s throwing, attending, or figuring out how not to attend, it is a busy time for all of us and our social calendars. To take one less burden off of your list this year we’ve rounded up our favorite holiday hostess gifts. Nothing says I hate you more, than gifting the hostess that has invited, prepped, planned, cooked, and thrown a holiday party a fruit cake from your local drug store. It’s time to amp up our game folks. This year, go with something vintage and useful, and don’t forget to think outside the box. To help you out this holiday season, and get an early jump on it, we’ve rounded up our top picks over at our favorite vintage online marketplace, Chairish.
For those of you not yet familiar with Chairish, get yourself familiar because it is a wonderful marketplace filled with vintage finds that will leave both you and your homes happy. Think Craigslist, but more curated, organized, and easier to find exactly what you’re looking for. Anything that goes up on the site has to be approved by their team, so you are not going to be scrolling through piles of garbage as you are looking for that Milo Baughman chair you have been coveting. Or, if you are a hoarder like us, their app makes taking pics and uploading your pieces to sell beyond easy, not to mention they take of shipping and picking up your sold items.
Now, let’s get shopping:
1. Teak Salt & Pepper Shakers: Salt and Pepper shakers may seem like a thing of the past, as everyone now has their fancy self grinding space age models, but we are still big fans of the traditional well made ones. These have a great shape, and will go with any style, which makes them timeless.
2. Brass Chargers: Chargers are something so simple that can instantly glam up a table scape. They are like the jewelry to your little black dress. Not to mention they are brass. We all know how much we love brass here at EHD.
3. Vintage Glass Set: Everyone needs a vintage glass set for their bar area, and even more so, a glass set with half naked people.
4. Abstract Acrylic on Cotton Paper: Art is tough and very subjective, so don’t bring this to your mother in laws house to say thank you. But for the right hostess an original piece of art is a great gift.
5. Mid-Century Candle Holders: Modern, sculptural, and tall are what make these winners for me. They add drama and height, which is one thing we could all use a little bit more of in our lives.
6. Italian Umbrella: This is the perfect gift for the cute quirky friend that already has everything else in her life. Maybe don’t give it to your friend if they live in Arizona, but all you Mid-Westerners could snatch this up for those rainy days.
7. Vintage Wood Tray: A tray is one of the most versatile gifts that you could give, making it a good one.
8. Brass Coasters: Pair these with a bottle of wine or bubbly and you have a very useful, and practical gift.
9. Woven Table Runner: A handwoven textile, especially one as beautiful as this, will definitely get you an invite to next years party.
10. Walnut Bowl Set: We have a large set of these and I can’t tell you how many times they get used up and admired on the shelf.
11. Vintage Linen Napkins: We all know indigo and batik fabrics are having their moment right now. So let your neighbors enjoy that trend as much as you have.
12. 1960’s Wood Corkscrew: Everyone needs one, and everyone needs a beautiful one. Amp up your hostesses’ bar game with this cute vintage piece.
13. Lucite Barware Set: This is for that one friend (that we all have) who always seems to have a handmade artisan cocktail in their hand. It will get a lot of love throughout the year as they prepare you all their yummy drinks.
14. Highball Glass Set: Vintage, graphic, and metallic. . . we have a winner.
15. Swedish Pottery Vessel: Pottery is one of those things that may not be for everyone but if a guest brought this over you know we would be inviting them to every party from now on.
Now that Halloween is over, it will just be a blink before we are in full swing holiday season and buying a last minute gift in a very busy shopping mall is not a place you want to be, so head on over to Chairish and check out more of our favorites on my page.