So you’ve got a gross/not ideal-looking shower and you wanna make it look cleaner, nicer, and more organized, huh?? You’re in the right place, pal. If you partake in showers, then your shower is probably one of those areas in the home that get used HARD and OFTEN…so maybe it’s time for a light refresh. We’ve got a few ways that you can make your shower look nicer so you can enjoy your bathing time even more. No renovating required! Let’s begin 🙂
Starting with probably the most obvious (and free) way to make your shower look better…just give it a deep clean! Before you buy anything new or add something to it, you gotta see the difference a good clean can make. It will make you feel SO much better when you’re showering and the results will immediately release some dopamine. I’m not trying to be your mom telling you to clean up and do your chores, instead I’m gonna give you some secret & helpful ways to make your shower SPARKLE.
First up…a lot of people love a natural cleaning solution. Jess recommends using water and vinegar (go here for more details), and I’ve heard that works super well!! I don’t love the smell of vinegar, so I recently tried using dishwasher detergent like they did in this video to clean my shower and I was very impressed at how well it works. If you have a glass shower, this video and this video only use 3 ingredients to deep clean their glass door and make it SPARKLE. I’m so excited to try these to get the water stains off!! Here are some other common cleaning products we use to clean our showers…
1. Method Cleaning Products Bathroom Cleaner Tub + Tile Eucalyptus Mint Spray Bottle (smells SO GOOD) | 2. Tub and Tile Extended Scrubber (highly reviewed) | 3. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Bath Cleaner and Soap Scum Remover (magical) | 4. CLR PRO Industrial Multi-Purpose Restroom Cleaner (trusted) | 5. Drill Brush Attachments (very cool) | 6. Microban 32 oz. Citrus Scent Bathroom Cleaner (no more germs)
A Pretty Shower Caddy For Ulitmate Style And Organization
Next up, it’s time to sort through the millions of products you’ve collected over the last few months (many of which we know don’t get used that often). Toss what you don’t need and organize the rest. If you’re someone that has a lot of products OR if you only have a small shelf and niche and are running out of room, opt for the shower caddy. There are TONS of sleek-looking caddies out on the market (I have a modern-looking black one that I love – sadly it’s no longer available). Highly recommend gettingg one (especially if you share a shower with a significant other who has an entirely different set of products). See below for some shower caddies we love right now!!
1. Bamboo Hanging Shower Caddy (so chic and minimal) | 2. Preston Flex Shower Caddy (modern and cool) | 3. Pyron Tension Pole Shower Caddy (great for shower used by more than 2 people) | 4. Hose Round Wire Shower Caddy (classic but better) | 5. The Solid Teak Hanging Shower Caddy (unique shape and pretty) | 6. Eldred Shower Caddy (a hint of glam!)
Similarly to the last point, if you want all your crazy shower products to feel more clean and organized, then try decanting them (and use a funnel). I LOVE the feeling of a hotel shower when they have the shampoo/conditioner/body wash on the wall for ya. It makes the routine easier since they’re all lined up in order and keeps your products away from the shower niche or shelf (so you have more room for the bar soaps, razors, etc). Plus then it’s all wet and soapy it keeps your bottles from flying all over the shower which I think is a win. If you’re gonna grab a shampoo/conditioner dispenser make sure that plastic is a safer bet than glass (just in case it falls or you drop it & also be sure to check if it’s a “drill-free” wall mount or not (especially if you’re going into tile!!)
1. Drill Free Shower Soap Dispenser Wall Mount with 3 Bottles (chic and you can choose the wall mount spacing) | 2. The Shower Essentials Kit (comes with product inside but bottles are so cool) | 3. Pump Bottle Dispenser (set of 2 and love a pop of color) | 4. White Shampoo and Conditioner Bottles (for our scandi style lovers) | 5. Metal Luxury Soap Dispenser Holder (again very chic. look at that brass, baby! | 6. Amber Pump Bottles (set of 2 and fun shape)
One of the cheapest and easiest ways to refresh your shower is by getting a new curtain for your shower. It can add some color, texture, or pattern into your space and is one of the best ways to soften up a cold or hard bathroom. The shower curtain should not be taken for granted, so make sure you get a good one!! Remember you can also put a shower curtain in front of sliding glass doors (especially if you don’t love the look of them). It adds more privacy too! We’re gonna link some of our favs below 🙂
1. Black Dash on White Shower Curtain Set (fun and graphic and comes with a liner!) | 2. Monique Lhuillier Lily Of The Valley Organic Shower Curtain (a very romantic option) | 3. Geometric Watercolor Shower Curtain (colorful and extremely cool) | 4. Capri Back Border Shower Curtain (perfectly classic) | 5. Black Windowpane on White Shower Curtain Set (an EHD favorite pattern) | 6. Relaxed Linen Shower Curtain (linen always looks good)
I LOVE a good bath mat. There’s something about getting out of the shower and stepping on a cushy memory foam something or just anything so your freshly cleaned warm feet don’t have to step on the cold tile. I recently have been hearing good things about the bamboo bath mats that are more “spa-like” because apparently, they don’t get dirty that often because the water just drips down through them so you don’t have to constantly wash them like you would a fabric one. However, you do need to wipe the excess water off the floor if there’s a lot. I also LOVE the look of a vintage runner or rug like in the photo underneath this paragraph…it’s so chic and brings in so much personality (just prepare to wash it a decent amount & it probably won’t be the most cushy, comfy. It’s more for the style than function, which is okay sometimes!) If you have a bath mat you love, comment below because I am in the market!! We also have some cute ones linked below!
1. Ernestine Bath Mat (tell me that’s not the cutest?!) | 2. Harvest Garden Bath Mat (love a subtle pattern) | 3. Lateral Black Teak Bath Mat (love this dramatic spa look) | 4. Organic Triangle Sculpted Bath Mat (fun and modern and comes in a ton of colors and sizes) | 5. Bamboo Bath Mat (adds a ton of texture) | 6. Green Earth® Quick Dry Bath Rug (quick dry? yes, please)
Add A Stool Either Inside Or Outside Of Your Shower
I LOVE the look of a stool in or next to a shower. If you have the space, then definitely add this in. It’s a great spot to sit and shave the leggys, or to just have another place for extra storage. A lot of the stools you see in interior photos are not the most water-proof, so just be wary when you’re choosing a stool that it’s one that can actually take the wetness & steam of a shower (like these linked below!) 🙂
Place For Bar Soap
There is nothing worse than loose bar soap in a shower. You might not even realize just HOW annoying it is until you get an actual, designated dish or soap tray for it, that way it doesn’t end up slipping and sliding all over the place. I’m done chasing bar soap…so if you are too, we’ve linked some awesome soap trays below.
1. Eco-Friendly Self-Draining Soap Dish (how cute are those legs??) | 2. Wave Soap Dish (a great opportunity for a pop of color) | 3. Oval Soap Dish (maybe the coolest) | 4. Soapstone Decorative Tray (great texture) | 5. Package Free Wooden Soap Dish (good for the earth, cute for your shower) | 6. Farmhouse Pottery Bullseye Soap Dish (basically a piece of art)
Thanks everyone for reading all the way through. Hopefully, this inspired you to get your shower clean, organized, and beautiful. If you have any other hot tips on making your shower look better please comment them below! Have the most amazing rest of your Monday, friends. We’ll see ya in the mornin!