Holiday Gift Guide: For the Teens in Your Life
Last week I hung out with some of my nieces (actually Brian’s cousins kids) and they always enlighten me with what is happening. They are 15-20 years old and I basically grill them about social media – who do they follow, on what platforms and WHY?? It’s a demographic that I don’t have but need (15 year olds generally aren’t thinking about their homes). So I figured I’d ask one of them, Ashley, to enlighten us on what a 16 year old girl wants. Here is what she came up with … (and I love it all, except SCRUNCHIE?????)
Ashley wrote a line about each thing, and I personally think that it’s such a great insight into what a teen lady likes. She also convinced me to get back on snapchat because she (and Molly, Sadie, Matty and Ryan) were like ‘uh, yes … snapchat is our fave’. Thanks, Ashley for pulling this together. If you have a teen in your life, here you go:
1. Portable USB Vinyl Record Player: This is a great retro gift for anyone who loves music and collects vinyls.
2. Wallet: I think why I fell in love with this wallet because each section is labeled. My credit and debit cards will always have a home!
3. Earring Set: Perfect for the person who constantly looses earrings but likes to have options of different colors.
4. Scrunchies: Yes…. scrunchies made a comeback. Great way to accessorize with a ponytail.
5. Mobile Lens Kit: Everyone is constantly taking photos so why not make yours a little more unique by adding a lens to your phone.
6. Smart iPhone Battery Cover: I hope I’m not the only person who’s phone dies at the worst possible moment. This charging case (that comes in assorted colors) is a great solution.
7. Sunglasses: I loved the tinted red sunglasses, a great way to spice up a outfit.
8. Corduroy Levi’s Jacket: A perfect red statement piece for those chilly winter days (and it’s so soft).
9. Dr. Martens: Definitely one of my favorite items. I can basically put these on in three seconds and I’m out the door.
10. Face Mask Set: These are the perfect stocking stuffers that feel AMAZING on the skin and leave you’re face feeling fresh and clean.
11. ‘‘Minimergency’ Kit: Another great stocking stuffer, I always have one of these handy kits in my locker at school or in my purse.
12. Tarte Makeup Palette: These colors are so beautiful on this pallet and there’s so many great combos to get that perfect eyeshadow winter look.
13. Zodiac Journal: Such a cute journal for school or writing.
14. S’well Water Bottle: This bottle is actually so great. It keeps your ice cold water freezing for 10 hours and I’m obsessed with it.
15. Mini Backpack: My favorite thing about this backpack is how much room there is. It looks small but you can fit A LOT.
16. Vans Checkered Slip-On Sneakers: These are slip ons so they’re extremely easy to get on and off if I’m running late for school.
17. Pajamas: Every year I get a new set of holiday pjs because who doesn’t love being wrapped up in a blanket on Christmas morning wearing holiday pjs?!
18. Candle: I absolutely loved this candle because of its specs of gold on the outside they almost look like fireflies when the candle is lit.
19. Hello Neon Sign: This sign is so cute, it can be placed basically anywhere and adds a very happy vibe to the room.
20. Polaroid Zip Mobile Photo Printer: This is for the person who loves taking photos and can have the actual copy within seconds.
21. Q&A a Day Book: I absolutely love this book. It asks you questions every single day for 5 years. Over the course of five years you can see how much you have changed, learned and grown as a human being.
And because you guys enjoyed the gallery view that we did yesterday, here are all the items in a clickable gallery view as well. For those of you that missed it in yesterdays post, let us know if you prefer this format over the other.