Today’s original post had to be pushed til Tuesday so while I was shopping the big ShopBop sale (ends tonight, with 20 – 25% off sitewide) I figured I’d do a ‘What I own, What I am going to buy today and What I want to buy but won’t because it’s stupidly expensive’ roundup. If ya’ll need some retail therapy on this Friday, maybe I can help.
1. Pink Jacket There are like 15 long millenial pink jackets that I liked and this one was the only one that was under $500. It has the cropped sleeves but oversized look that I’m into right now. I have two winter coats from last year that I’m still into and in LA it’s hard to justify more but this one is pretty cute (I haven’t seen it in person).
2. Straight Leg Jeans These remind me of those Levi Wedgies that I can only wear while standing. Perhaps I could even sit down in these? I love that cut.
3. Sequin Dress I’m not really a ‘party dress’ kinda girl but I could get behind (and in) this one. SO CUTE. And I feel like for a sequin dress it’s relatively timeless.
4. Cashmere Sweater I love Equipment and I’ve tried this on before and LOVED the cut. I didn’t buy it because I’m not allowed to own Cashmere because I will wash it within days and ruin it. Plus in LA a sweater splurge can feel a bit silly – especially one you will ruin. But the cut is super flattering for how simple it is. So if you are in the market for a timeless flattering sweater, maybe it’s for you.
5. Pink Velcro Sneakers When I pinned this I had this rotating thought ‘Can grownups wear Velcro? Can grownups wear Velcro?’ I recently bought a pair of Natives that look just like them for my kids (only moms will really know what that is) and I love them. Perhaps I’ll try the Velcro route, too?
6. Navy Romper Wrong season, but cute little romper, no?
7. Mars Booties These are my winter shoes that I already own and I’ll be linking up for the next 4 months so if you are into them grab them during this sale because they ain’t cheap.
8. Green Jumpsuit I just bought the $125 Madewell version of this in burgundy which admittedly I don’t like as much as this green. I’m not going to buy this because I don’t need two (and it’s expensive) but if you have the budget for it I will say that I wear mine ALL THE TIME. Brian thinks it’s hilarious every time.
9. Tulle Skirt I’m very curious if this could be flattering enough to be worth that dough. I’m sure that Forever 21 has a version of it that is not, say, $800, that might be worth testing out. I think that this is something that I could see myself wearing to events a lot – with a cute t-shirt with some type on it and an oversized yet skinny armed blazer. Except that I have mold in our basement that I need to pay to get removed instead.
1. Ivory Sweater OOOOOHHHH I’m VERY tempted by this sweater. I know I just said that I’m not allowed to splurge on sweaters but this is so beautiful and has so much style, plus I don’t think it’s cashmere. I’m too tired to click on the link myself as both kids woke up at 5:45am. I’ve decided the difference between 5:45 and 6:10 to be astronomical to my psyche. There is a green version, too. Maybe worth trying out and then if its not AMAZING I’ll return.
2. Black Cape I’m not really into that matching hat, but I am into a black cape. I always find the ‘wear do I put my purse’ problem rather challenging. But I am curious about this one.
3. Red Sneakers I just got these and I honestly LOVE THEM. I feel cool and I have worked out almost every day since I got them. I’m hoping that my two best friends who work for Nike don’t read this. I didn’t seek out Adidas, I promise. I was shopping for red sneakers and found these and didn’t find any Nike versions until I went to the store to find new kids shoes last week and I saw these which I like a lot, too. Regardless I’m into bright, color blocked shoes that are all one color and I’m loving these. I also just bought these pants to workout in (with pockets for phone if you just want to hike) and they are pretty amazing.
4. Heart Crop Jeans There is no way that I would spend $495 on heart-kneed jeans but they are cute and I am curious if a grown-ass woman could pull them off. Also Birdie has the Target version of them that are adorable and matching her is a disgusting desire that I quell on a daily basis.
5. Flora Jumpsuit I’m very curious about this one. It doesn’t even look that flattering on her, but I like florals and I like rompers but for $695 no way.
6. Black Ankle Booties UGH, that rounded heel kills me. I think I’m going to snag these and see if they are worth the splurge. They have to be flattering in the ankle otherwise I could buy the Madewell version that will surely come out soon. Fun fact – I used to work with Loeffler Randall’s brother like 12 years ago as stylist assistants (Jeff was a PA) and he was like ‘my sister just started a shoe line’ and I was like ‘sounds cool‘. Now look at her 🙂
7. White Linen Cropped Pants I know this doesn’t seem to be the season for cropped white pants but I bought these at a store recently and am OBSESSED with them. I bought the black version too and the long black version as well (see below). They are sized weird (0,1,2,3) and I have both a 1 and a 2 which are both fine. I tried the zero and it’s too tight, but if you are guys are smaller than I am and are into these pants (because they are AMAZING – so comfortable and the culottes bell out in a really fun way) then snag these.
8. Tan Coat So pretty. A splurge, for sure. I wish the arms were cropped but I’m sure that all you people in normal weather (you know, that dips under 50) would appreciate the long arms. Although you can just layer a long striped shirt.
1. Sherpa Jacket So Cozy. And reminds me of Oregon.
2. Blue Joggers I have my new red ones, but these are SO CUTE. I have no idea why they are so expensive, nor do I recommend splurging on them, but if you are curious what running shoes I like – these are them.
3. Jeans These look kinda standard ‘mom culottes’ from the front, but they are really cute ‘Postal Worker’ pockets on the bum. That’s how you know I’m a mom – I say ‘bum’ now. 🙂
4. Cropped Wide Leg Jeans UGH. These might be amazing. Like statement jeans that give any outfit some ‘insta-cool’. Has anybody out there tried these?
5. Blue Jumpsuit I love this jumpsuit for work events or holiday parties. I would make it more casual and less ‘sexy girl’ but that’s just my style. I have a thing with my arms (have you ever seen them ever in a photo?) so it’s not for me but I recommend it for anybody who isn’t neurotic about their upper limbs.
6. Black Wide Leg Pants I bought these and am OBSESSED with them. Obsessed. They are really long so I have to wear heeled sandals with them, but I’m cool with that. If the shorter version were still available I would recommend them and maybe they will be next year, but for now if you want a wide leg but strangely flattering pair of linen pants – I can vouch for these.
7. Metallic Sneakers Apparently what I needed was more velcro in my life. Not buying these because I don’t need them, but super super cute.
8. Trucker Jacket The Oregon girl in me loves this a lot.
1. Denim Coat I did an audible gasp when I saw this jacket. That particular shot isn’t selling it for sure but click through and you’ll see how else you can wear it. I’m snagging this one.
2. Metallic Mules Sure. Silver is back and I’m putting these on my feet.
3. Wide Leg Trouser Jean Curious how amazing these could be. Should I give them a shot? I love the look of them, for sure.
4. Sherpa Jacket Cozy and SO CUTE. I don’t need but if I lived in Montana I would buy this in a heartbeat.
5. Pink Jeans These are those Levi Wedgie jeans that I love (but you HAVE to size up). I’m going to try them … I’ll report back.
6. Red Mules Apparently I’m into red on my feet these days. I have the nude version of these and wear them ALL THE TIME. But nude is easier to mix with anything than red. But red is this years color so I think I can mix them in with all my navys and blacks, no?
7. Maxi Dress I’ve been searching for another version of my long floral dress (seen here) and maybe this is it. There is something super 90’s about it that reminds me of church, but I love the oversized floral and am thinking it would be great on camera.
8. Forest Green Sweater The green version of that cream one in the first roundup, GAH. I LOVE IT.
9. Fray Skinny Jeans These are my current favorite jeans. They are flattering and so comfortable. The only drawback is that you can only wear them for 2 days without washing because they get pretty stretched out. But I love the cut.
10. Denim Jacket I own the Madewell version of this so I don’t need it, but that jacket is pretty darn cute.
There you go guys. In case you need some retail therapy and feel like splurging. The sale ends tonight, I think. It’s not a sponsored post or anything, I just like to shop and figured calling out what is catching my eye might be fun for you to see. See you Monday.
I’m in love with those red mules and the camel colored coat, adding them to my christmas wish list right now!
I see that you’ve gotten onto the wide-leg pants bandwagon as well. LOVE that style. I think they look so much more flattering than skinny jeans….at least on me!!
I don’t live in Montana either but man I think I need that sherpa jacket regardless. It’s pretty perfect!
I love your fashion posts! Please don’t ever stop 🙂 Have a lovely weekend!!!
Buy that sweater!! It’s so awesome. I can’t decide what color I like better but either would be so cute on you.
I’m glad I’m not the only one that can’t sit while wearing Levi Wedgies. They look awesome, but are strictly for standing.
Love the clothes, but…..
We are the same age and we are too old to wear a romper…. just saying
“Those were the days my friend
We thought they’d never end
We’d sing and dance forever and a day
We’d live the life we choose
We’d fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la la la
La la la la la la
La la la la La la la la la la”
nice Post ! its interesting. thank you for sharing….
Nice article, thanks for the information. It’s very complete information. I will bookmark for next reference.
Astrology consultancy services in India
love your fashion roundups! I say you need the sequin dress and the buffalo check jacket. They both look very Emily to me. 🙂
Nice article. Think so new form of features have included in your article. Waiting for your next article. keep posting
Spanish to English
Emily — I saw (and snapped up) that exact Equipment green cashmere sweater at the Nordstrom Rack in Culver City last weekend. They had others! $99!
Am I the only person in her 50s who reads this blog? With the exception of that sheepy jacket, I found most of these items hideous. I was around the first time wide-legged pants were in style and didn’t like them then, either. And I would never purchase clothing that was ripped, or pants that looked like I borrowed them from someone a foot shorter than myself. I just don’t get it. I love all of the other stuff you write about, but the clothing in this post is an assault to my taste and eyesight. You are so pretty and cute and I could not imagine you wearing this stuff. Sorry!
I’m 50 and the fashion posts are my favorite. I don’t like everything, but that’s okay–I scroll down saying, “Yes, no, yes, yes, nooo, no, yes….” I am wearing ripped jeans as I write this! (^___^)//
I don’t know that it’s an age thing- I’m in my 20’s and am often perplexed by the style posts, but in a fun way. There’s almost never anything that I would wear personally, but I find it interesting to see what style other people create for themselves, and because we get to see Emily’s home style as well, it’s fun to see the parallels in her home and clothing.
Excellent points! And thanks for making me feel better about it not being my age :).
Thank you for this post. I’m 50 and am completely perplexed by all the horrible “mom jeans” and their derivatives out there. By all means, people should wear what they want. But it feels like consumers are being duped into thinking the high-waisted jeans, rompers and “mom culottes” are attractive. Maybe the point is to be unattractive? I asked my husband if I was overreacting and he said no (about this issue only, I’m sure). He agrees the “long butt” pants are hideous on everybody (even tall, skinny models). He wants to know what’s up with all the pants that draw weird attention to the crotch area, but it looks bad (dromedary bad). He’s like, “why?” I asked both my boys (15 and 13) and they said, “Cringy.” I see these clothes on IG all the time, and comments are always, “cute pants, where did you get them?” NOT cute pants! I’m going to keep my mid-rise jeans and try out that forest green sweater (#8) with the puffy sleeves. That’s cute!
I definitely don’t understand the cullot/cropped wide or flared leg trend either. I don’t find it flattering on anyone. Its like people in the fashion industry get together and decide to bring something back into the rotation and then laugh at whoever actually wears it. Some really cute items otherwise but I just can’t understand these pants. Can someone explain?
In my opinion, this set is really perfect! Feeling it is a great choice for all occasions during the day. It is stylish but stylishly stylish for the office.
The ShopBop sale is one of the times when I realize that I am not in the same financial category as any of the bloggers I follow, but that’s OK. Every item here seems so expensive! It’s still fun to see what you would pick and see if I agree. I will say that I have a lightweight black and white buffalo check jacket that I bought 10 years ago when I was in college. I wear that thing ALL THE TIME. I think I paid $40 for it and every year it’s one of my favorite piecess because it adds just the right amount of interest to all of my black separates. If you’re a person who wears a lot of black, it will end up being a versatile piece in your wardrobe.
On the pink coat note, Madewell has a beautiful one–Atlas Cocoon Coat in Avalon Pink
Wow, some many awesome items! I love it!!
Hi Fashion | how to wear a blanket scarf
Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going…. I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource…
Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.
Vidmate app is a really good alternative to traditional streaming and downloading apps that let you enjoy the best movies and television shows. It also lets you stream a number of different networks ranging from sports to news and even entertainment. The most impressive bit is the download speed. The large files are downloaded within minutes. Download Vidmate App