In celebration of me, my baby and my new book Bri decided to throw a festival – The DesignLoveFestival!!
JK. Here’s the deal – Bri, lover of plants and parties, decided to throw a festival that is essentially a ‘shoppable jungle’ next saturday.
She’s offering plants, succulents, ceramics, furniture, prints and florals. You often have to buy the plant one place, the pot somewhere else and then pot them. While that doesn’t sound that annoying, trust me that it can be. So she said “hey, want to party a couple days after you birth that baby and sell some baskets?” and obviously that seemed like a fun thing to do (I’M INSANE). I said ‘yes’ because I don’t like being left out of a fun situation.
But listen, I can do baskets. I’ve got this. I can shop for baskets, dye baskets, embellish baskets and trick those things out. Especially with help. In short, we are curating a collection of baskets to house her plants. How much work could that possibly be? (You actually have no idea . . . we’ve been unsuccessfully dye-ing baskets for days, leaving some in huge garbage can full dye baths for up to 30 hours trying to get it to ‘take’ . . . its been hilarious).
Y’all should come. Here’s what Bri announced last week:
Who’s involved and what’s the deal, you ask? Here’s the breakdown! Everything you see in the photos, you can buy! Plus much more. This is just a sneak preview.
– Bri will be picking out tons of trees and plants for you to fill your home with.
– She also found these gorgeous hammocks from Nicaragua and shipped them to LA so you guys can have them too. She only has a limited number so the early session might be best if you want one of them. Also, she has these woven hanging baby basinets that are insane. I’m trying to figure out how I can wrangle another vintage bassinet into my home (I have 2, already).
– yeah rentals! is an amazing place to rent furniture for your event. just really cool stuff. Now they also produce their own furniture and will be selling it here – chairs, benches, plant stands, side tables.
– Natalie of native silver will be debuting her insanely great ceramics at the festival. She’s got hanging planters, succulent holders, flower vases, ceramic keychains, painted tumblers, air plant squiggles…They are so weird and wonderful.
– Kristen from moon canyon. A floral genius, really. She will be making floral wreaths and bringing all sorts of gorgeous instagram worthy florals for you to choose from.
– Jesse Chamberlin will be selling photo posters of art that we think would look amazing on your wall…and they are affordable.
And now the details:
group #1 is $20: Join us for the first two hours of the day and get first pick! Each guest will receive one drinking coconut and one glass of wine with your ticket.
group #2 is $15: Each guest will receive one drinking coconut and one glass of wine with your ticket. Not first pick, not last pick. A great option!
group #3 is $10: Each guest will receive one drinking coconut and one glass of wine with your ticket. Please note that this will be the last session of the day and some items may be sold out. If you are looking for something in particular you may want to attend an earlier session.
My plan is be there for a few hours and to sell autographed copies of the book. BUT I have a condition that is dictating my every move (this baby wants out, I can tell) and I’m not sure if that morning I will feel up to it with or without a newborn. In my mind I’ll pop by for a couple hours, but who knows. I will DEFINITELY have book signings in November and December so stay tuned. Either way there will be beautiful plants, ceramics, hammocks, photos and my book to be sold.
But don’t worry because we’ve clearly made a wax sculpture of myself that can simply be plugged into all of your photos:
How weird and creepy do I look standing behind Bri like that? I look like a mannequin or a sociopath.
Buy your tickets here.
See Bri’s post here.
*Photos by Ivan Solis