Crop Top Round Up
While most of you are on vacation I’ve been super busy buying, wearing and touting the benefits of crop tops. I consider any shirt that shows your belly when you raise your arms a crop top, even though they might be longer than they were in the 80’s. Typically you wouldn’t catch me dead in one of these things – not because I don’t think they are cool, and not because I don’t admire/envy my friends that have lovely flat abs who can effortlessly pull them off because I do. But pregnant or not, I’m not a stomach person. I’ll wear short shorts or minis but nary a crop top will graze these bare abs.
However, I do love to layer. And crop tops are wonderful to layer with – pregnant or not. Put a flowy tank top or button up underneath it and you got yourself a genuine ‘outfit’.
2. Kimono Sleeve Top I ordered this one and its super cute, but too flowy for me while pregnant with my boobs and belly because it doesn’t have the armpit structure that makes me look/feel small. Yes. ‘Armpit Structure’ is a thing now.
3. Cropped Wool & Cashmere Sweater I just opened this yesterday and it’s VERY VERY CUTE. I actually thought it was just a sweater when I bought it but It comes with the shirt underneath. Normally I think that is cheesy, but Joie made it well enough that it looks really good and it’s still really light with no bunchiness.
4. Cropped Shirt Super cute but from the side I look a bit oompa loompa-y because of my belly. I’m going to try it with skinny jeans or short shorts and heels and see what happens. Stay tuned.
5. Printed Silk Crop Top I thought this could be cute with a little puff sleeved blouse but now I’m doubting myself.
6. Herringbone Crop Tee I just got this yesterday and it’s REAL good. I think it looks best with skinny jeans, a mini or fit/flairs. I tried it with a maxi skirt and I couldn’t pull it off because there wasn’t anything fitted on my body so I just looked really big. Strangely this has no ‘armpit structure’ and yet the way it drapes is still really flattering.
7. Striped Crop Tank Not for me (I’m not an arm girl – go ahead and try to find a photo where you see my arms!) but so cute that I wanted to include it in the roundup.
8. Printed Top This could either be really cool on or your boyfriends/husbands worst nightmare. Please take the risk and let me know how it goes. I like the pattern and shape, plus it comes with a matching pencil skirt, which looks really chic.
9. Cropped Button Down I tried this pregnant and its too thin to layer something underneath with so it’s not the right shirt for me right now, but it’s super cute otherwise if you can handle the boxy situation.
There you go – a quick while-you-are-on-vacation-fashion-crop-top post. No crop tops were gifted (or hurt) during this post, sadly. It’s just my genuine current passion for the crop-tops that brought you this crop-top post.
Are you are one of those people who wears a legit crop top? Do you reach high for objects proudly knowing that your sliver of stomach is showing? Or would you layer a collared blouse underneath it?
OR am I in a myopic pregnancy world where I think that everyone wants to see and hear about my maternity fashion and thoughts and really you guys are like ‘SHOW ME A MAKEOVER!!!!’.
*Stay tuned, makeovers are coming 🙂 testtest