Howdy! Thanks for droppin in here friends. How’s your week been going? Good? Bad? Average? Same. Maybe we should all have a real conversation in the comments instead of us just talking to ourselves…But before we get to that, we’re very excited to present you with some VERY good and exciting links on this fine Sunday so let’s get to it!
The home tour that caught our eye this week is via Clever. It’s a french flat that went totally against Parisian style and really leaned into modern minimalism (in all the best ways). It suck out to us especially this week because it has a roly poly chair which was VERY controversial in the comments of this post from last week…honestly just read all the comments they’re so funny.
From Emily: I finally found the glasses that look modern and sleek, but won’t break thus saving my marriage. We all know the famous CB2 marta glasses– the uber simple highball glass that is VERY affordable. What’s the problem? They break so easily. Like I go through 12 a year, probably. The breaking isn’t the problem, the rogue glass that somehow only BRIAN steps on IS the main problem. He’s always fine, but the complaining about those glasses had to stop and once the dishwasher broke the last one, I found these on Target.com and was skeptical that they were going to be thick enough. BUT THEY ARE. Once testing them out I bought 12 of them. If you want that ‘thin straight’ glass look but with more durability then consider these shiny ladies in the short tumbler or the highball (or both).
Also from Emily: An artist friend of mine, Eel painted this incredible portrait of RBG and she is raffling it off on her instagram and website. When she showed it to me I was like ‘WOW – people need to see this’ so go over and check it out if you want to celebrate this notoriously world changing lady for the rest of your life.
From Malcolm: When deciding to paint black accents throughout my home (doors, stair rails, and more surprises), finding the perfect black was definitely a journey. Quite a dramatic journey, in fact. Check out my “Arlington Reno” highlights on Instagram for the piping hot black tea. I was elated to finally stumble about Valspar’s Black Magic, which I’ve now started to incorporate throughout the house! It’s definitely a dramatically saturated color, but it perfectly balances out my otherwise lightly-toned and brassy design elements. Next up to receive the treatment will be my closet doors (stay tuned for a full series of articles about this closet and full bedroom makeover! So excited!).
From Ryann: If you are looking for a VERY good, slightly spooky and creepy movie to watch this Halloween season, I highly suggest Devil All The Time. It is based on a book (which explains why the story is so good) and Tom Holland’s acting in it is superb. I loved it so much I ordered the book and can’t wait to read it!
From Mallory: I’ve always been a big fan of these shoes that Emily has and wears all the time (#emfluenced) but I never wanted to bite the bullet and pay $130 big bucks for them. But behold…OUR TIME IS NOW YOU GUYS! They’re 60% off and only $50 bucks right now, which is much more approachable. Also just in general, if you’re a shoe person (like me), Nordstrom has some real hot sales happening. I also got these shoes (which sold out QUICK) for $26 bucks (originally $75!!) I’m slowly turning into your weekly sale shopper girl and hopefully it’s helpful lol.
From Caitlin: my personal style is pretty casual, but I’ve long been obsessed with Farm Rio. After months of pining, I just grabbed two tops from their sale section — this bright green and pink banana-printed one and this flowy, white, pineapple-embroidered one — and OH MY GOSH I LOVE THEM. The box they came in smelled SO GOOD (opening it made me feel very “Elle Woods hands over her resume”), the quality is amazing, the fit is true-to-size (I’m always nervous about new brands) and I’m so glad I decided to pull the trigger on them!!! (PS. If you have a Shop account and you put them in your cart and almost check out — like, put in all your details and bail before you add in credit card info — you may get a text the next day with a special 20% off coupon code. It happened for me so maybe it’ll happen for you, too???)
Also From Caitlin: I’m a lifelong spaghetti fanatic and I’m in love with this recipe for pasta al limone e proscuitto. It sounds fancy, but it’s basically just THE BEST mix of cheesy cream sauce (my favorite) with hits of super zesty lemon (my other favorite) and prosciutto (full disclosure that I did use bacon, but like…it was similar enough!). It’s only 8 ingredients and you may already have them all at home already (I did, and literally never have anything in my kitchen).
Also, we usually only share lists about the best sales for major holiday weekends, but we know that the world is a little different this year. If you’re looking to start knocking out your holiday shopping now, here are the 10 best sales we love for gifting this weekend…
- Anthropologie is offering 25% off everything (yes, including furniture) site-wide.
- West Elm has free shipping for orders over $79 with code FALLTREAT. (They also have up to 40% off good furniture — all the items discounted are here.)
- This literally never happens, but Samsung is offering up to $800 off The Frame through October 25th. THIS WOULD BE SUCH A GOOD GIFT (if you can hide the box for 2 months).
- Madewell is offering 20% off site-wide or 30% off orders of over $200 with code SPREETIME. (Catch up on our denim reviews here and our sweater reviews here to see some pieces in action!)
- It’s the final weekend of Rejuvenation’s Porch Event (20% off curb appeal essentials) and Fall Savings Event (up to 50% a little bit of everything — over 1,200 items have been deeply discounted).
- Save $150 on a Dyson cordless vacuum through October 19th.
- Take 20% off site-wide at J. Crew with code WARMUP.
- If you’re the card-sending type, Minted is offering 10% off all holiday cards and 15% off card orders of over $200 with code CHEER2020.
- Grab 20% off your order at Boll & Branch with code EMILYH20. (Plus, 10% of your purchase price will be donated to Habitat for Humanity through the end of the month.)
- Skinstore is offering 22% off site-wide with exclusive code SKINSTORE22.
That’s it for this week, folks! See you tomorrow!