A few weeks ago I was searching for closet storage solutions and found something I wasn’t aware I needed. It’s such a simple product and there are likely thousands similar on the market right now–It’s truly nothing special. But when I saw it I was like, “Oh, this is exactly what I need to organize the bathroom cabinets”. It’s this stackable slide-out drawer and no, this post is #notsponsored. I am just passionate about these drawers because before them my bathroom cabinets were in complete disarray. I bought two of them plus this clear bin and the result is that I can actually find the things I am looking for. What a concept!
So now like a kid in a candy store, I just want more practical and efficient storage solutions. Since that fateful day, I’ve thought a lot about all the bathroom products that can make my life easier and more beautiful. So if you are in the market and whether you have a small bathroom or a large suite, I hope these product solutions will help you visualize a more organized future.
Over The Toilet Storage
The wall space above my toilet is probably the part that I’ve spent the least amount of time thinking about. Perhaps this is why I’ve been underutilizing that precious real estate. In a small bathroom with abysmal storage, you must think vertically (she says to herself). This spot can alleviate so many storage woes. You can hang shelves for open storage, or get an over the toilet cabinet stand for some added closed storage. You can also hang towel bars or towel hooks. No matter what, if you are like me and need more storage, do not skip this step.
Here are some great options to start with:
1. Floating Lines Free Standing Storage | 2. Rattan Toilet Shelf | 3. Fern Wall Storage Cabinet | 4. Appling Over-The-Toilet Storage | 5. Mid-Century Bathroom Storage Cabinet | 6. Metal Over the Toilet Etagere | 7. 3-Tier Bamboo Bathroom Organizer | 8. Toilet Storage Tray | 9. Acacia Space Saver | 10. Modern Metal Shelf | 11. Vintage Wall Display Cabinet | 12. Wooden Bathroom Cabinet
Because I lack storage in general, I love #5 and #12 for closed storage. #6 and #7 both offer ample open storage, or you can add baskets for a little bit of both. Of course, these types of shelving units are not a new idea so we always recommend shopping for vintage ones from Etsy (like this), Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, etc.
Under The Sink
You know how folding your clothes allows you to fit more clothes in a suitcase? Well, think of the under-the-sink cabinet as a suitcase and stackable containers or drawers as folded articles of clothing. When everything is simply placed under there, no matter how neatly, you just aren’t taking advantage of the space as well as you could be. Drawers or stackable containers will help you keep your products organized and in plain view.
These are ones I am personally eyeing:
1. Rectangular Wire Natural Wood Handles Basket | 2. Mini Two-Tier Organizer with Dividers Frost/Gray | 3. Sliding 2-Drawer Organizer | 4. Umbra Hide & Sink Under Sink Caddy | 5. Chrome 2-Tier Sliding Organizer | 6. Two Tiered Slide Out Organizer | 7. Style Station Pro | 8. Elfa Graphite Cabinet-Sized Pull-Out Drawer Solutions | 9. Wire Cleanser Rack
Two-tiered organizers are ideal for under-the-sink organization. They are great for storing cleaning products on the bottom and rags or sponges on top. On the other hand, if you have a lot of hair styling tools #4, #7 and #8 are all good options.
In my rental bathroom, we have 3 very tall and very deep cabinets. As much as I complain about a lack of storage, these cabinets are actually too tall and deep to be used efficiently. It was always a mess until I got the aforementioned stackable drawers. When you have a lot of cabinet space, you want organizers so you can access everything and see everything at once. I love these options:
1. Elfa Narrow Cabinet Drawer Solution Platinum | 2. Wire Stackable Basket with Copper Handle | 3. 4 Drawer Stackable Countertop Organizer Clear | 4. Stackable Slide Out Drawer Organizer Medium | 5. All Purpose Open Front Storage Bin | 6. Divided Lazy Susan With Removable Bins | 7. 4pk Wire Baskets | 8. Small Stackable Slide Out Drawer | 9. Bathroom Plastic Spinning Turntable
I think the most underrated org solution is a lazy Susan and that is the next purchase on my list. They are ideal for skincare products and makeup that you use every day. Again, I have #4 and love it so much but could probably also use one like #3 too.
Stand Alone Drawers & Rolling Carts
When you are really short on cabinet storage don’t be afraid to add stand alone drawers or a rolling cart. We’ve used this storage solution in many bathroom makeovers and not only is it smart, it looks pretty and unexpected too. I love the above drawer solution in this bathroom by Allison Pierce (Our gal Sara shot this home for Emily’s new book, which if you haven’t heard is available for pre order here!!!!). If my bathroom had the space, I’d be considering any one of these picks:
1. Piper 3-Drawer Storage Cabinet | 2. 3-Tier Narrow Utility Storage Cart | 3. Gold Wire Basket 3 Tier Antonia Rolling Cart | 4. NISSAFORS | 5. Natural Rattan Cane 3 Tier Farrah Storage Tower | 6. Levi Bathroom Cart | 7. Eldred Freestanding Storage | 8. Christie Corner Storage Shelf | 9. Slim Rolling Storage Cart | 10. 3-Tier Rolling Cart | 11. Free-Standing Bathroom Cabinet | 12. 3-Tier Square Rolling Household Storage Cart
If you are like me and have limited space, a lot of these are thin and sleek so you can squeeze them into small spaces. You can also opt for a corner shelf like #8 to save on floor space.
If there is one bathroom accessory team EHD stands by it’s the vanity tray. In fact, as long as space allows, I bet there is a tray in every bathroom EHD has ever done (but don’t fight me if I am wrong okay?). And although a tray isn’t the holy grail of bathroom organization, you would be surprised how much more organized your bathroom counter will feel when your items are arranged on a tray.
The go-to EHD formula is:
1. Start with a large tray as a base
2. Layer in a small dish or bowl
3. Add a cute vase for height
4. Use canisters for everyday products
5. Opt for candles in a sleek container or matches in a pretty cloche
And here are our picks:
1. Bistro Tile Vanity Tray | 2. Ceramic Vanity Tray | 3. Round Bathroom Tray | 4. Colette Lazy Susan Makeup Holder | 5. Nesting Trays (Set of 3) | 6. Marjan Towel Tray | 7. Hinged Vanity Organizer | 8. Edge Plate Ø18 | 9. Porcelain Bathroom Accessory Tray | 10. Vintage Brass Oval Mirror Vanity Tray | 11. Vanity Tank Tray | 12. Bathroom Plastic 9 Slot Mixed Cosmetic Organizer
I love any one of these tray options but I am especially drawn to #10. It’s special, unique, and vintage and that checks all my boxes.
Okay, my friends. That is all from me but I am curious, do you have an all-time favorite organization product? Inquiring minds want to know so drop them below. xx
Opener Image Credit: Photo by Sara Ligorria-Tramp | From: Portland Reveal: How the Bathroom I Was Most Nervous About Turned Out to Be My Favorite