6 Beauty Products I Use Every day
I’ve been wearing the same EXACT makeup for 6 years. Not because I don’t try new things, or because I’m not into beauty, but because these products are exceptional. They were all originally recommended to me by pros (makeup artists when I started my on-camera career) and every time I’ve strayed from them I’ve come back, crying, makeup smeared down my face. I know that every skin is different, obviously, so I’m not necessarily talking about the shade or color – it’s the product itself that is shockingly good regardless of what color of skin it’s on.
1. Eye Brow Pencil by Laura Mercier. If Obama knocked on my door and I only had time to apply ONE thing to my face it would be my eyebrows so I could do my special eye-brow move for him. I look strangely sick without those two little lines across my face. I’ve tried one million different kinds out of sheer desperation (and because I don’t really want to spend that much on an eyebrow pencil), but this one has the most natural looking colors. I think that nobody wants to be the lady with the drawn on eyebrows, but some of us have to be. This is a very good one that is easy to apply (it has a good consistency) and a really natural looking color. I buy fair blonde.
2. Orgasm Collection Blush by NARS. The only thing wrong with this blush is its name. When I was 24 I bartended at a bar with a drink called the “G Spot” and I think that SO many more people would have ordered that drink had they not had to say “hey lady, can I get a G-Spot over here?” So disregard that bad name because this is America’s blush. It has a huge cult following because it makes every cheek look happy. Even if your skin is a wildly different tone, this blush is for you. It looks crazy hot pink but once its on your face it just looks healthy and alive. Ask any makeup artist in the world (because they all have it in their kit) about this blush and they’ll tell you it’s amazing. Be careful with “Super Orgasm” because its kinda shiny.
3. Long-Lasting 12 Hour Wear Eyeliner by Sephora. Everyday I put on a tiny line of eyeliner on the top of my lash line, and this one is by far the best. I’ve tried the really expensive and the really cheap. Most of them are too shiny, smudge too easily, have a brush thats too thick to apply, don’t stay on long enough, or don’t ever come off. This is just simple, easy, jet black (or brown), and long wearing. Plus it ain’t expensive.
4. Luminous Silk Foundation by Giorgio Armani. When I was first introduced to this I was like “foundation? Base? What am I, a lady-mom from 1985?” But then they applied it on my face and my skin looked immediately fresh, flawless, and totally makeup free. It’s expensive but worth every penny. I used to drive to Beverly Hills to buy this stuff when I ran out (because it used to only be sold at Saks in store). It has a SLIGHT reflective quality that makes the light bounce off your skin in a really healthy-glow kind of way, and it’s really light so you never feel like you are wearing makeup, yet it covers all dark circles (I don’t even wear concealer), and flaws.
5. Long Lash Mascara by Laura Mercier. Now this is the only one where I’m like “I like it” but I’m not swearing by it. I’m desperate to find my mascara. Something that doesn’t smudge, but is long lasting, easy to take off, and doesn’t clump. If it can add length and curl then wonderful. Extra credit if it makes me look like Kim Kardashian circa 2008. But seriously, any amazing ones out there? I’ve tried fancy (Chanel), and drugstore (Loreal) with the same similar results – not bad, but not the one. Maybe I just have bad short blonde lashes and will never be satisfied because ultimately a mascara will never give me what I want. That could be it. Also I got eyelash extensions recently which was a DISASTER – so expensive and barely made a difference. And then as they grew out I kept picking at them and ripped out so many of my own lashes, so now I have stupid short, choppy lashes. Perhaps mascara isn’t my biggest problem.
6. Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Color Balm by Clinique. I love these and I have them in MANY colors. They look natural, and give your face a little pop without looking like “OH HEY GIRL CHECK OUT MY LIPSTICK.” And you can apply it easily in the car or anywhere without a mirror because you can’t really mess it up. Plus it’s moisturizing and feels good. And kinda tastes good. I was a kid that ate chapstick, so theres that.
SO. Those are mine. I’m loyal and I keep it pretty simple. I don’t have boxes of eye shadow for a special occasion (although I do like this one). Every now and again I wear a brighter lip, or for on-camera work I put on lashes, but generally this is what I like on my face and many of those are universally good – it’s not the color that I love, its the product.
And now, dish. What are you go-to’s or your universal cult-following products that we all should know about?