Material Girl #1 – mood-boarding with a personality
In the quest to tap back into my creativity six months post baby, I went back to my roots on this new series – playing with pretty things to make a pretty photo. So, welcome to the new series called ‘Material Girl’ where we create a mood board out of interior design materials with a particular personality/girl involved. I’m not talking a specific person (although that is a way better idea and now we will be doing that soon) but more just different styles of personality.
This chick is Poppy Hightower. And she is F.U.N.
Oh Pepper? Here’s what she’s like:
She lives in the upper east side in a modest apartment that her parents bought for her while she was going to NYU studying communications. She drinks Belvedere vodka with fresh squeezed pink grapefruit, wears a high quality push up bra, gets eyelash extensions frequently, works in advertising (and works hard), and she owns every episode of Friends and watches them while she cleans the apartment. She’s a good time girl, with a contagious laugh, has a ton of fabulous friends and secretly fosters cats.
1. Green tile | Classic Tile and Flooring, Santa Monica
2. Green tile | Classic Tile and Flooring, Santa Monica
3. Stone Scraps from the stoneyard n/a
4. Patterned fabric | The Fabric Store
5. Pink and gold wallpaper Meteor Flower in Bollywood | by Jane Blevin from Wallnut Wallpaper
6. Green pebbles | Bourget Bros
7. White and pink cotton napkin | Anthropologie
8. Turquoise doorknob | Anthropologie
9. Brass Mid-century knob | Liz’s Antique Hardware
10. Gold wallpaper | Astek
11. Paint chips | Sydney Harbour Paint Company
12. Paint chips | Sydney Harbour Paint Company
13. Flooring Vanier Hampton Wide Plank Series in Cottage Gray | Build Direct
14. Pink leather | Edelman Leather
15. Blue/grey leather | Edelman Leather
16. Stone Scraps from the stoneyard n/a
17. Green patterned wallpaper Tackapousha in Mermaid by Grow House Grow | Walnut Wallpaper
18. Black and gold textured tile | Porcelanosa