1. Dipper & Jar Honey Set| 2. Cleaver | 3. Made-to-order Mixing Bowl | 4. Herringbone Engraved Cutting Board | 5. Arrow Wooden Spoons | 6. Schmidt Brothers Teak Knife | 7. Pellicano Decanters | 8. Handled Rolling Pin | 9. Hand-Painted Triangle Bowl
1. Dipper & Jar Honey Set : Made by a jewelry designer in Brooklyn NY. Ok, I have no idea what I would actually dip honey on .. cereal, toast, Brian’s throbbing hairy pecks? .. I don’t know. But this guy sure is pretty (but seriously, what do you need one of these for beside photo shoots?) (also they don’t throb … unless provoked).
2. Cleaver : Handcrafted from stainless steel and boxwood in a small town outside of Barcelona. I need this for all the bones I constantly be breaking; I’m hardcore like that. Also I only buy my cleavers from provincial Spanish towns. Or French .. wait, don’t be ridiculous the French are way better at butcher knives.
3. Made-to-order Mixing Bowl : By NelleDesign from Orchard Park, NY. Beautiful. The old me that styled a ton of food shoots would have shoved you into your cart and comically rolled you into that big stack of cereal boxes at the end of the isle to buy this mixer. Its just so pretty.
4. Herringbone Engraved Cutting Board: hand-crafted by Richwood Creations in Fayetteville, WV. There are a million handmade cutting boards out there right now, and I really appreciate this subtle pattern. Sweet, simple classic but with an edge. Like Meryl Streep.
5. Arrow Wooden Spoons : This pair of walnut spoons with arrow detail are hand carved from locally sourced walnut wood by Amelie Mancini in Brooklyn. My only wish is that these were big enough to toss salad. Unless that hand model has a HUGE hand and they are actually really big in which case i’m terrified and yet want to see more pictures.
6. Schmidt Brothers Teak Knife : Yes the creators of Schmidt Brothers are actually brothers. I picture them probably singing masculine musical numbers (like from Sweeny Todd of something). Great knives. I have two and someday will cut something with them. Hopefully intentionally.
7. Pellicano Decanters : by Madrid-born Jaime Hayon. OH you are VERY cute you little copper penguins. I’m going to decant all over those.
8.Handled Rolling Pin : one solid piece, hand turned, no two are alike. Now this is something I would LOVE to get as a gift. So pretty, will last forever, and tells people – ‘Hey, I have time to bake a tart if I want to’, which is a story I’d like to tell.
9. Hand-Painted Triangle Bowl : By Half Light Honey Studio in Ashville, NC. So Organic and happy, like the weeds growing all over my neglected front yard.