Trolling Craigslist… Milwaukee!
Well folks, today we are trolling in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and its worth trolling. I know NOTHING about this town, truly, but now I want to go there. These pieces can’t hoard themselves – i simply owe it to the world, and to my heart, to seriously consider a trip out to the midwest. Picture this – me, Charlie, Scott, Orlando and Corbett (all my favorite shopaholics and 1 budding shopaholic) in an airstream that pulls a huge trailer, stopping at every thrift store, auction house, estate sale, garage sale, and antique mall from here to Portland Maine. Brian would probably leave me, but I’d have my vintage collection of furniture to keep me warm at night, right?
1. $395 Set Of Chairs Yes. I LOVE these. I actually could use these right now in the ‘mancave’ that i’m doing for The Fig House. Imagine them in a blush linen or emerald green or really ANY color because that shape lends itself to really any color. It makes me want to put them around a Saarinen table and play poker where I will subsequently win hundreds of thousands of dollars that I can blow on more vintage chairs.
2. $150 Vintage King Headboard Its girly, no doubt. But its also super stylish. Maybe it could be on a wall that has a simple pin-stripe wallpaper, with midcentury style wood or ceramic lamps – you could butch this headboard up for sure. Or maybe its your guest room and you redo it in white and the tufts are different pastel colors … oh that would be VERY cute, indeed.
3. $40 Pair of Mid Century Windsor Style Chairs These remind me of Paul McCobb planner group chairs, which they probably are not but they are definitely well designed and made. A pair of these chairs can be hard to incorporate into a house – but if you have a credenza that needs flanking, or a breakfast table that needs some seating – these are your gals.
4. $35 Vintage Chair Its a cute little side or desk chair – nothing that is making me go crazy, but ‘dude’ and cute and has personality.
5. FREE Sleeper Sofa You know how I feel about midcentury sleeper sofas – they have a way better frame (less chunky) than most contemporary sleeper sofas. To redo the innards its $700 and then to redo the exterior its probably $900 – 1200 including fabric so that does equal about a $1800 sleeper sofa – but its still cheaper than most new ones.
6. $25 Rattan Hanging Lamp Man, this is perfect for my closet. A little girlier than I should go but the rattan and the modern glass shade would be so cute in there (i’m searching for one right now). Thats a pretty cheap price for a cute little swag lamp. Just make sure you have a modern enough space for it – these can go really granny and thrifty if its combined with traditional furniture.
7. $125 Pair of Mid Century Modern Side Tables I can’t get enough of these kinds of tables/stools. Thats not true – i actually have too many of them because I hoard them constantly. These are the pieces that you can set next to a chair in the corner that instantly creates a vignette, or finishes off a reading corner. OR use them as a plant stand since they are so simple and small scale.
8. $30 Vintage Bamboo Side Table Not amazing but totally cute in a ‘Golden Girls’ kinda way. It would work on my patio, for sure – with some cute plants on it and sitting next to a vintage wire chair.
9. $60 Chrome and Leather Chair A great chair for a corner or a desk. I love that leather and that price. Get ye to that chair.
10. $25 Vintage Folding Rocking Chair I have to admit i’m intrigued. I don’t totally know how this “rocking chair” works but I really like the idea of it. Its perfect for your (my) bohemian deck, rocking with Sir. Charles Henderson. That fabric is interesting to me and so is the architecture of it. It had me at ‘fringe’.
Where to next??????