Trolling Craigslist… Houston!
Dear Texas, I love your parties, your laid back attitude, your insane semi-annual flea market and your TV show which I’m pretty convinced is real (and no, i’m not talking about Dallas, silly, Friday Night Lights). Meanwhile I’m off to Austin in two days so it only seemed fitting to troll the Craigslist in Texas. Y’all.
1. $140 80s Sofa It’s so funny – the 80’s have been ‘coming back’ for years and yet normal consumers still aren’t embracing it – at times me included. A sectional like this (upholstered in new fabric of course) is pretty awesome, but such a commitment that it makes it hard. If you are a risk taker, if you like to decorate with some 80’s parties in mind, then this sectional might be your gal.
2. $85 Vintage Dresser. If you were refinished in your pretty blonde wood you would be in my new Scandinavian inspired house. So simple, but with a little bit of interest in those knobs.
3. $45 Brass and Chrome Console Table Pretty 80’s certainly, but I’m interested in those little round end pieces. Nothing too magical, but for $45 could be really fun in the right house.
4. $150 80s Living Room Set First off, don’t buy both. These girls are like two bullies in the 7th grade – they need to be broken up in order to become good again. Does that sofa need a special designer to make her look good and modern? Yes. But I’m interested.
5. $55 Chrome and Yellow Chairs Cute shape, good price.
6. $150 Deco Bed Frame & Dresser Set Separate this set, for sure or it goes kinda granny, but I love these two pretty deco pieces. They are kinda hard to make work in my new house, but i still love it (and i’m shocked at how many times I’ve written ‘deco inspired’ the last year).
7. $159 Set of Chrome Chairs Upholster these bad boys in something fun – peacock-blue linen or emerald-green velvet. Put them with a Saarinen white tulip table (or the ikea knock off) and you have yourself a super cute set.
8. $150 Vintage Sleeper Sofa Hey slim-armed sleeper sofa, you could be VERY handsome indeed. Upholster in a linen ($1200 – $1400), add some tufts, get rid of the skirt and redo the insides ($700) for a very chic sleeper sofa that will make any guests feel super special.
9. $95 Brass Barstool How very Kelly Wearstler, but cheaper and a little less skinny.
10. $450 Original Saarinen Side Table It’s an original, I get it, but it’s still Craigslist people – you can’t sell side tables for $450. I bought my original side table from The Rose Bowl for $175. Still not a steal, but that’s a proper price – not $450. But I love them so you’ll never really regret it.
11. $70 Mid Century City Table Who can resist you with those cute little feet! No one.
12. $115 Mid Century Arm Chair Good lines, great shape and super comfortable. Not freaking out, but not bad at all.
13. $140 Burl Wood Dresser Fancy, I know. But in the right room (maybe a white platform bed, all white bedding, some burlwood nightstands and an antique persian rug) this guy could look beautiful.
14. $100 Peacock Chair Because i’ve never met a peacock chair i didn’t like. This one is pretty standard so don’t buy it for too much, but for $100, she’s, pardon me, HE’s worth it.
Where to next, folks?