Last day of One Kings Lane sale … also Veronica Mars is back
In case you are blind from my pestering or deaf from my rants, my One King Lane tastemaker sale started on Wednesday and ends tomorrow (Saturday) morning.
Or maybe you just simply don’t check my blog everyday, or perhaps you’ve been too busy pledging money toward the kickstarter campaign to make the Veronica Mars movie, in which case, you, LIKE ME, have extremely good taste in TV shows, and are a god damn genius in general. They raised 3.2 million in one day because fans, like me, crave that movie THAT bad.
Run, don’t walk to your local Netflix and start watching season one, episode one. Or come to my house and borrow one of my two copies of the entire series. I mean, I get crazy Nurse Betty about this show. The characters are real to me, the location is a real place, the love a real emotion … the death of the show — a. REAL. crime.
BUT, again, in case you have been distracted by thoughts of Veronica and Logan hate-loving each other, I wanted to highlight some of my favorite pieces from my sale that are still available. Most of the smaller items sold out, true, but these beauties are still for sale (as of 7pm 3/14).
Every room needs a statement piece, and these above pieces are statements. Put them in your house and look effing cool. Don’t and don’t.
1. Aqua linen, lucite, and brass chairs. I can’t wait to keep these for my office. I only have 100 percent love for these mothers.
2. 1980’s club chairs. Oh the lines, the comfort, the luscious navy velvet … if i didn’t have my leather chairs, these would be mine.
3. This bench is probably going to a client if it doesn’t sell. It fits perfect at the end of a king -sized bed.
4. My wingback that has graced so many blogs. I love it, which is why I listed it for so high. It’s worth a lot to me, emotionally.
5. Um, the most incredible brass based, peacock blue linen chairs. Could be for the living room, office, or king-like dining chairs.
6. Stop. These hot pink club chairs aren’t for everyone, but they are for someone VERY special.
7. These Ming chairs started as black, gloss and cheesy, but with good lines and bones. And ended up as bright, eclectic, and interesting — totally one of a kind and weird … in a good way. I upholstered them in Hmong wedding blanket that is $100 a yard. Totally, 100 percent interesting and beautiful.
8. These bedroom chairs are perfect at the end of a bed, or anywhere really. Perfect, soft, high quality velvet — all newly reupholstered, obviously.
9. My headboard from my guestroom. I decided that my guestroom should be storage so it is being sold, but she is a great headboard, and custom made by yours truly.
10. 1980’s Italian club chair, reupholstered in peacock blue velvet. It’s deep, comfortable, and so beautiful. Love this chair.
Or maybe mid-century is more your style in which case get these above pieces:
1. Oh, just a Paul McCobb desk that I had white lacquered because the wood wasn’t that awesome. Get it. Now.
2. Huge, caramel, worn, leather 1970’s lounge chair. Save this for me.
3. I can’t believe this day bed hasn’t gone yet. It keeps going in peoples “carts” but triggers are hard to pull. This piece is awesome, pull that trigger.
4. Vintage Thonet chairs. Classic.
5. Bright tangerine fabric, bentwood wood frame.
6. Because you always need more ottomans in your life.
7. Have office, will travel.
8. Mies Van der Rohe chrome and leather chair. I mean, it’s awesome, but if you don’t appreciate it, I certainly will.
No. 9 and No. 10 are currently in my foyer. They are both simple and beautiful, and if you buy them I’ll be happy, but if you don’t I’ll still be happy because I love them.
So here’s a behind the scenes video of my One Kings Lane sale, by Tessa Neustadt. Thanks, Tessa. You are awesome.
And in case you need one more link, my sale is HERE.