Madison, Wisconsin is actually somewhere I’ve always wanted to go to. A lot of people say its like my college town, Eugene, Or, and just a really fun/liberal little oasis in the middle of a quiet state. Meanwhile, now all I see is some really great thrifting. So lets get on trolling …
1. $50 Vintage Rope Lamp This is awesome and weird and I want it REALLY bad for my house. Its modern and simple, but with rope makes it feel all warm and scandy.
2. $195 Vintage Campaign Dresser Yes, we are still doing this. I have a white one and have used a couple in different projects and I still really love them. This one isn’t cheap but its cheaper than a new dresser and wildly cooler. Plus that is a goooooood color.
3. $50 Pair of Mid Century Chairs Oh, its just a cute little pop of color for your breakfast nook. I’m not wild about the legs, but the shape of the chairs and that bright color make up for them. Plus they are $25 each and thats nothing to be mad at.
4. $95 Hanging Bamboo Chair Great price, classic chair, just overall wonderful. You can buy these new for $400 but obviously that is quite the price difference. I’ve used one in a few different projects, namely HERE.
5. $20 Per Industrial Chair Such a great price for pretty adorable chairs. So perfect for a creative office space.
6. $300 Industrial Desk I love your shape but not your price. Too expensive, but would be such a cute entry table, right?
7. $75 Vintage Settee Pretty darn cute. Expect that to be around 8 – 10 yards of fabric, and probably $600 – $800 to recover. Expensive, sure, but cheaper than most new sofas. I’d take off that skirt, for sure. This could be cute in a poppy color, or go safe with a navy or charcoal.
8. $30 Vintage Hammock So cute. Paint that base white and throw the hammock in the wash and you have a really adorable napping place for the spring.
9. $75 Vintage Iron Headboard I love the shape of this headboard and it could be awesome in black.
10. $450 for a set of 6 Mid Century Chairs Beautiful. Kinda expensive, but again, cheaper than buying new except for Ikea. I think if you could get for $400 for the set it would be better, but I’m into them regardless.
11. $80 Pair of Vintage Whicker Chairs A steal. Such a cute shape and at $40 a pop it is an insane deal. Go get ‘em.
12. $150 Mid Century Credenza I’m not freaking out about this guy, but it is a good simple shaped dresser for a really good price.
13. $75 Brass Vintage Table Set Now I AM freaking out about those chairs. Take them away from the table, reupholster them in a more modern color, and maybe get rid of the ‘fan’ detailing in the back upholstery. The shape of the base of the chairs is RIDICULOUS. So simple.
14. $40/ Set of 4 Mid Century Dining Chairs AGHHH. Such a good price for a lot of personality. $10 a chair? Are you kidding? Amazing.
15. $75 Pair of Mid Century Chairs. Yep. So cute. LOVE. At first I thought that the part on the top was an upholstery detail but I now realize its for your head to keep your greasy hair off the actual chair. And that is gross. Just wash your hair and get rid of that guard.
Pretty good, Madison. Pretty good. Where to next?